Sign in to follow this  
Left Coast Guy

Reps on Chrono24? I'm gonna need some help...

Left Coast Guy

So I'm perusing the interwebs the other day and see a note on a new release of the Top Time collection from Breitling, i.e. like Deus Ex Machina model, so I clicked through and was instantly in love with the emerald green Top Time Mustang release! See I happen to have a 1965 Mustang GT in, you guessed it, emerald green....so I pretty much have to own this watch.  Here it is from Breitling's site:

3XhW5E.png

So I race over to my favorite rep dealers, send a note to Fat Panda, etc, but alas, its not repped yet. But I'm not really opposed to gens, so I start to sniff around to see if there are any on the market yet, and the first listing that pops up on google is for Chrono24.  So I click on it, $6K, ok that's doable....but as I start to look closer....I'm flustered. Do you see it?

3Xh1TJ.png

The Tachy ring is just totally different, the subdials are different, I've found a half-dozen flaws on the dial, close case back vs display back, its just a different watch. But here's the thing, EVERY watch on Chrono24 is this same version. 

3XhPqv.png

So what's going on here? Are there multiple version of this same watch in gen? I tried searching more broadly, checking online ADs (allegedly) to see if this was in fact a version in circulation,  and several of them had this incorrect version offered on their site.

But here's the bit I'm REALLY confused by and just don't get....if this is a past version, and is really a gen, WTF is going on with that tachymeter? I've never seen a tachy that has 120 above the 12, and it just looks like every tachy reading is doubled....? I checked every watch in Breitling's collection, and I cannot find a single other watch with a doubled tachy. At this point, I feel like I'm going crazy here...has anyone seen anything like this double tachy that I'm just not aware of? 

Left Coast Guy
27 minutes ago, BadApple said:

I saw that, but if you search that model number on the Breitling site, it doesn't show up at all. Like I can search my 30 year old Breitling Colt by model number and it still shows up on the Breitling site....but this one doesn't? Just seems weird. 

Any thoughts on that tachy ring? Have you ever seen one with the numbers doubled like that...? That's the piece that leaving me scratching my head....

BadApple

Only shows current models. 

tribefan

In other words, that $6K is probably $10K for the v1.