Sign in to follow this  
watcher63

Is this how our reps are made?

watcher63

I've known about 3D printing for a while. It's just amazing! I really don't think this is how our reps are made. But, it seems it's not too far away to be available to the "common man". Or, maybe the Chinese can rep the 3D machines to make reps? haha

Edited by watcher63

KeNnY

yep amazing technology. I want to print out an bezel with 3D printer for my Orient watch. The price will be around 20-30€. I said I will wait when they inform me they will print something bigger that I will pay less. :lol: The model file is in STL format.

lunetaorgsmall.png

lunetaorgsmalltop.png

PGL

Really, really cool!

chum_2000_uk

Erm yeah, apart from the fact you can't print steel LOL

Edited by chum_2000_uk

KeNnY
Erm yeah, apart from the fact you can't print steel LOL

you can, already there are printers that can print steel..

Takken

Well this is in my opinion just the birth of what's to expect from the future. I remember for about 10 years ago I really saw the future using nano-technology.

There will be a time when we can copy anything (I really mean everything...) from the ground up on a atomic level. That will of course be the end of money/capitalism as we know it...

tissotman

that is incredible ! ive never seen nothing like that in my life

wat44

dont rely on anything chum says

wat44
Well this is in my opinion just the birth of what's to expect from the future. I remember for about 10 years ago I really saw the future using nano-technology.

There will be a time when we can copy anything (I really mean everything...) from the ground up on a atomic level. That will of course be the end of money/capitalism as we know it...

I think thats almost right, but we still need design. And we still need miners to source raw materials

so not the end of capitalism, but it does change economics in a similar way to the way we see MP3 killing record companies

wat44

watcher63
yep amazing technology. I want to print out an bezel with 3D printer for my Orient watch. The price will be around 20-30€. I said I will wait when they inform me they will print something bigger that I will pay less. :lol: The model file is in STL format.

lunetaorgsmall.png

lunetaorgsmalltop.png

That's a coo bezel, you made that?

Takken

I think thats almost right, but we still need design. And we still need miners to source raw materials

so not the end of capitalism, but it does change economics in a similar way to the way we see MP3 killing record companies

[/quote

Yes you need someone to design everything "new", but anything else that's around could be copied.

To the miners and raw materials topic: We do not need miners to dig out iron and other minerals when we find the answer to build with atoms. In a true science-fiction way: everything on the periodic-table flows around us, we just need to grab those and line them up.

Every single thing around us is build up with atoms, it's just a puzzle - waiting to be solved.

...now how to build this device

wat44

if you want to build a big machine, where are you going to get the raw materials from? I think a miner.

however, I think miners of the future will be somewhat different to those of today

eg have a look at the Japanese discovery this week of a new source of rare earth minerals in the ocean...

robbie888

3 copies of this please!

ass.jpg

offshore
3 copies of this please!

ass.jpg

Three? Greedy bastard! Don't bite off more than you can chew...so to speak.

O/S

Foolish1

WTF!

That thing must cost a fortune!

KeNnY
3 copies of this please!

ass.jpg

hmmmmm I would do things with that...

severusl

that printer is amazing, I imagine one that prints 3D in steel is really really awesome

andygt

I wonder if they could print a copy of the print machine?

68 Bullit

This technology is already being used to design and manufacture parts by Formula One teams

ThinkBachs

BEWARE!!! This is communist technology!!!!!!!!

ThinkBachs
3 copies of this please!

sex-doll.jpgsex-doll.jpgsex-doll.jpg

As ordered!

myaz
I wonder if they could print a copy of the print machine?

Yes, except the electrical components wouldn't work.

PS: I realize your comment was tongue in cheek.

houndoggie

Wat is this about?

myaz
that printer is amazing, I imagine one that prints 3D in steel is really really awesome

Nanotechnology will eventually do that.

For now, you must content yourself with milling machines that couple to a scanning device similar to what is depicted above.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't like the cost of a rep done that way.....