rawbaws

Back into reps

rawbaws

G'day everyone.

Bit strange posting in the new members forum when I've been a member for almost a decade but just wanted to share my thoughts.

Like most people as a new member back in 2014 I probably bought way too many reps and my obsession probably lasted about 2 or 3 years.  I've been away for a long time.

Anyway fast forward to 2023 and I have just bought five new reps in rapid succession from Lee at jtime.

I can't remember why I chose Lee, having never used him before, in fact he wasn't a TD when I was buying previously but his service has been nothing short of amazing.

My thoughts after being away from the hobby for a long time.

1.) Prices are crazy but hey so is everything else in the world, had to be expected.

2.) The quality now is mind blowing. The difference between the watches I am getting now compared to 7-9 years ago is very stark.  I've never been one to be looking for 'exact' replicas but rather more into the quality of the build and the QC.  The reps being pushed out at the moment for 4-500usd are easily comparable in quality to 10x that value in other brands.

3.) Fuck I'm hooked again

4.) Yes.. I'll post pics soon

• Like 6

LorLog

Welcome back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FudgyDocker

Welcome back. Good time to get the VIP status back again, too!

deju

Welcome back! 

My only thoughts on the reps now, and we will see how you feel after the honeymoon phase.... We don't get as cool niche/limited editions like we used to, it a now very much rolex / omega.... Even Panerai have fallen in popularity. 

Oh have you ordered a Daytona yet? 

• Like 1

BadPickle

:ttiwwop:

GenTLe
9 hours ago, rawbaws said:

G'day everyone.

Bit strange posting in the new members forum when I've been a member for almost a decade but just wanted to share my thoughts.

Like most people as a new member back in 2014 I probably bought way too many reps and my obsession probably lasted about 2 or 3 years.  I've been away for a long time.

I think I remember your nick... Welome back :) And yes, I agree with all your 4 points, but let's not forget the good pieces were out there also back then. I'm not sure exactly when in time, but I remember for example the Noob LMPO Omega, the Noob Fifty Fathoms, the H Factory Breitlings... Etc etc.

Oh, by the way, H factory and Noob aren't a thing anymore... Good stuff now comes from new (Clean Factory for Rolex for instance) or relatively new factories (ZF, VSF and so on).

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

Welcome back to the madhouse. Glad to see you got dragged back in. 

Longboarder

A co worker bright  me back a rep from Asia sorta as a joke and was really impressed. I did not expect it to look or perform this well. I just ordered an Explorer 2 and hope I am not headed down some deep rabbit hole!

RussP

Welcome back, Rory :fearlessleader:

APjumbo

Welcome back 

Can’t  wait to see what your first new pieces are.

Devil
4 hours ago, Longboarder said:

A co worker bright  me back a rep from Asia sorta as a joke and was really impressed. I did not expect it to look or perform this well. I just ordered an Explorer 2 and hope I am not headed down some deep rabbit hole!

Not sure who you ordered from but make sure to use the forums TD's, you may have gotten lucky if you went elsewhere but there's too many fraudsters out there!

k3rm87

Good to have you back buddy!