NullMind

Davidsen (DSN) ?

NullMind

I seen on some forums watched by DSN (Davidsen), mainly PAM, and they quite pricey, anybody know this dealer ? and is the high pricetag justified ?

I saw a PAM 57c for $750, looked outstanding, but also 3x the price of regular reps, is it justified ?

mspangl

DSN does excellent work. He is trusted

Got a 201a from him and it's amazing

NullMind

A little more info on the 57c

Pam 057 Titanium with Eta 2892+Power Reserve

details specs as follows

-44mm Real Titanium case,crown gurad and crown.

-NON AR sapphire with up 6mm cylop

-Genuine ETA 2892 auto movt with bulit in Sopord Power reserve

-up graded and re printed calender date wheel with Bolder Font

-c1 + c3 lumed chocolate dark brown hobnail dial with RECESSED Power reserve scale

-matching lumed hands + fish shape shape power reserve indicator lumed hand

-solid titanium case cack

-3ATM Water Resist Tested

-24mm black or brown leather strap with matcing titanium buckle

-price us$ 820.00/pc shipped (I can get it for 750)

is that worth the pricetag ? (I am fine to pay, if I am not overpaying :) )

mspangl
A little more info on the 57c

Pam 057 Titanium with Eta 2892+Power Reserve

details specs as follows

-44mm Real Titanium case,crown gurad and crown.

-NON AR sapphire with up 6mm cylop

-Genuine ETA 2892 auto movt with bulit in Sopord Power reserve

-up graded and re printed calender date wheel with Bolder Font

-c1 + c3 lumed chocolate dark brown hobnail dial with RECESSED Power reserve scale

-matching lumed hands + fish shape shape power reserve indicator lumed hand

-solid titanium case cack

-3ATM Water Resist Tested

-24mm black or brown leather strap with matcing titanium buckle

-price us$ 820.00/pc shipped (I can get it for 750)

is that worth the pricetag ? (I am fine to pay, if I am not overpaying :) )

Swiss ETA2892 isn't quite cheap..

Should be a good deal imo.

MikeMcNair

while his watches are the best of the best (IMO) i think that is a WHOLE LOTTA steep on price. maybe HALF that, and i would consider it.

for that much money you can get a used tag, breit, omega, rolex, etc from ebay, craigslist, etc.

but, whatever floats yer boat sir.

i'll say it again, DSN products are among the BEST IN THE WORLD, PERIOD.

now YOU choose.......

NFleischer

That's a special Power Reserve model with the real Swiss movement-

just like a Swiss 7750 costs $750 or so. Most of his models are about $300;

he is well respected for PAMs on all the boards. That PR model is super nice.

houndoggie
while his watches are the best of the best (IMO) i think that is a WHOLE LOTTA steep on price. maybe HALF that, and i would consider it.

for that much money you can get a used tag, breit, omega, rolex, etc from ebay, craigslist, etc.

but, whatever floats yer boat sir.

i'll say it again, DSN products are among the BEST IN THE WORLD, PERIOD.

now YOU choose.......

Show me, I'd love a Rolex, omega, Breitling for $720.

MikeMcNair

I HAVE 8 on my desk RIGHT THIS SECOND dude, for real. once i get a working iphone, i will post pix. all from 7-11 hundred :)

Bato
I seen on some forums watched by DSN (Davidsen), mainly PAM, and they quite pricey, anybody know this dealer ? and is the high pricetag justified ?

I saw a PAM 57c for $750, looked outstanding, but also 3x the price of regular reps, is it justified ?

I am pretty new to the boards and most likely get flamed for this but from other boards and according to these hardcore Pam'addict's such as as 'wolf' and 'R_Squared' they would disagree regarding the price tag and the accuracy. With that said for the money H-Factory supplies you the biggest bang for the buck, if you want to spend a little more get a "Sead" modded H-Factory and if you are going to spend $700 or more get an LH Pam which is the best OOB Pam you can get.

Keep this in mind, it all depends on what type of Pam you are looking for, certain things are good like some Dial's based on which version Pam, certain movement's are definitely more reliable then the current H-Factory, but in many ways one thing keeps coming up over and over again. The Case especially the 'lug' placement is completely off, in some extreme cases the straps actually rubbing against the case. I know this has been corrected in his new Pam's such as the 009 and his new 360 release, however with that other problems like CG/Crown Placement etc. All you can do is do your research and learn and ask questions.

Finally I don't know much about the Pam 57c, and it gets more complicated when you dealing with Pre-V Pam's etc. But yes, keep learning and reading and in the end, spend your money on what YOU like.

houndoggie

The 057 is pricey because of the movement, the soprod module costing $200+ if I am not mistaken. Before the h factory PAMs came out, the Dsn PAMs wrer the best bang for the buck, most models costing $280-$380, which were better equipped then anything else available. The hfactory PAMs have changed that by offering more for less.

greg_r

Bato: I'd be very cautious of Sead -some of the stuff I've seen from him has been very poor indeed.

DSN's best work is in models that you can't get elsewhere. As HD says, the particular model you mention is expensive due to the movement used and the soprod module. Many of his watches are a good deal cheaper than that and many are excellent quality. His Big Egiziano is the best available, for instance.

I have a Rolex-dialed 6154 from DSN (runs a molnija movement) which was under $300 and is the only quality rep of that watch available.

What NOT to buy from DSN are the mainstream models - the H factory are doing a better job there nowadays.

By the way, DSN was offered a subforum here some time ago, but felt that he didn't have thr time to post on yet another forum. He IS on the trusted list, however, and should be considered as a trusted dealer.

stolikat

This watch is beautiful and worth the price. DSN is a very trusted old school dealer. Buy with confidence.

dingle
Bato: I'd be very cautions of Sead -some of the stuff I've seen from him has been very poor indeed.

+1

been there, done that......