mabi

Tissot PRX chronograph replica ?

mabi

Hi guys, I’ve been offered a tissot prx chronograph for about 300 USD - sounds to good to be true and the guy is willing to meet me in person. Do you know if there have been any reps of the PRX chronograph model ?

OLDBLOKE74

Yes 

See members discussion section 

Check out the post dated 25 May by @Alan32

• Like 1

Wires

Have a look here

mabi
1 minute ago, Wires said:

Have a look here

hi mate the link does not work - am does it work for everyone else ?

mabi

Ok so the chronograph has been repped as well,  any ideas?

Wires
2 minutes ago, mabi said:

Ok so the chronograph has been repped as well,  any ideas?

No idea mate but buy the seller if everything seems fine when you meet it’s $300 at the end of the day which a good rep would probably cost anyway but get a photo of him when you meet if he objects walk away

mabi

Here are the pics he sent me  - anyone can chip in ?

3NaOwY.png
3NaIYs.png
3Naq33.png

Edited by mabi

GenTLe

That chrono doesn't look like a fake (on the fakes there is a gap on these movements between the dial and the date disk), but ask him 2 pics:

1) with chrono reset (to check all hands are in proper position, they should all point up except the one at 9 that is the running second)

2) a pic of the movement through the back glass

• Like 1

mabi
56 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

That chrono doesn't look like a fake (on the fakes there is a gap on these movements between the dial and the date disk), but ask him 2 pics:

1) with chrono reset (to check all hands are in proper position, they should all point up except the one at 9 that is the running second)

2) a pic of the movement through the back glass

Does this say anything ? I know it’s blurry as hell.

3Nmij3.jpg

Philiusmaximus

It says he either has a very shaky hand or a really shit camera. 

If people can't be arsed to take proper clear pics then I always take it as a sign something isn't right 

Wires

The seller isn’t @deano19980 is it? it looks like they are sharing the same potato to take the photos 

• Like 1

G_sus

I know they make a rep of the three hander auto, but never seen an auto before!

(This thread has reminded me I need to renew my membership here)

mabi

Here is a clear pic

3Nm92P.jpg

tonyh7

Something very wrong here. PRX are are a relatively new model and are super popular. That model sells for £1,600 new. The only explanations I can think of for why it is offered for $300 is either it is fake - or even worse - it is stolen. Don’t walk away. Run. 

• Like 1

mabi
1 hour ago, tonyh7 said:

Something very wrong here. PRX are are a relatively new model and are super popular. That model sells for £1,600 new. The only explanations I can think of for why it is offered for $300 is either it is fake - or even worse - it is stolen. Don’t walk away. Run. 

I feel like the dial is all strange - anyone had or had one and can chip in ?

tribefan

Enuff red flags here to make me move onto something else.

brang1

Still not a bad buy at 300 even if it is a rep, it looks pretty good- I reckon it’s worth a meet up to really check it out 

fatarms
36 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Enuff red flags here to make me move onto something else.

This.  If you have to question this many things, along with blurry pics and a too good to be true price?   Your Spidey sense should be tingling. 

GenTLe
16 hours ago, mabi said:

Does this say anything ? I know it’s blurry as hell.

It's the correct movement.

This said, I don't really know why this is sold at 300€. I mean that even a rep of this would be at least 400 now and also I don't see proper 7753  movement reps from years.

Still I've yet to see a pic with chrono zeroed... And it's not good to use these with chrono all the time engaged. Maybe it doesn't zero? If so it's not a big deal to fix it... But it will be at least 200€ for that from an horologist.

mabi

So...an update, I decided to buy the watch, I mean like @brang1 here said, even if it´s a rep its a good buy for 300 USD (ish). The guy demanded cash. Normally that would all be good but as many red flags this guy already had and he wanted to meet me in a really bad part of town I decided to ask a friend to come with me, that happens to be a cop. He asked me what kind of watch it was and quess what, it was reported stolen few two weeks ago. So I got to see first hand, as I was used as bait, how the watch got into the right hands.

I just want to say, I was gonna buy the damn watch, no questions asked, I asked here and all the red flags appeared, thanks to this forum a Tissot PRX Chronograph owner has his watch back !

• Like 5

Rx4Time

Unexpected but satisfying plot twist!  

Philiusmaximus

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Blurry pics = dodgy

What an interesting little thread this has been.

brang1
6 hours ago, mabi said:

So...an update, I decided to buy the watch, I mean like @brang1 here said, even if it´s a rep its a good buy for 300 USD (ish). The guy demanded cash. Normally that would all be good but as many red flags this guy already had and he wanted to meet me in a really bad part of town I decided to ask a friend to come with me, that happens to be a cop. He asked me what kind of watch it was and quess what, it was reported stolen few two weeks ago. So I got to see first hand, as I was used as bait, how the watch got into the right hands.

I just want to say, I was gonna buy the damn watch, no questions asked, I asked here and all the red flags appeared, thanks to this forum a Tissot PRX Chronograph owner has his watch back !

good job all round