Sign in to follow this  
AGL

BREITLING CHRONOMETRE MONTBRILLANT

AGL

I'm looking to buy the following watch from WatchInternational. But I don't understand the description where it states that there is a 4th GMT hand with (red half moon)as date pointer...

I interpret that as a GMT hand and that it isn't the day/date hand. which means it will move around with the hours?

Can somebody more 'in the know' confirm what it actually does?

THE WATCH!

AlphaLima
I'm looking to buy the following watch from WatchInternational. But I don't understand the description where it states that there is a 4th GMT hand with (red half moon)as date pointer...

I interpret that as a GMT hand and that it isn't the day/date hand. which means it will move around with the hours?

Can somebody more 'in the know' confirm what it actually does?

THE WATCH!

It doesn't complete a full sweep every 24 hours, as a GMT hand would. It completes a full sweep every 31 days. The slide rule has numbers from 1-31. The 4th hand will point to whatever number the date it.

So today, it would point to number 10. Tomorrow, it would point to number 11.

AGL

So the hand they say will be a GMT will actually show todays correct date?

I was worried it was just for visuals and served the same purpose as a second hour hand or something!

Does anyone know if this watch will skip straight from 30 - 1 on months that only have 30 days or will i need to skip that manually?

Thanks Alpha! :)

AlphaLima
So the hand they say will be a GMT will actually show todays correct date?

I was worried it was just for visuals and served the same purpose as a second hour hand or something!

Does anyone know if this watch will skip straight from 30 - 1 on months that only have 30 days or will i need to skip that manually?

Thanks Alpha! :bcake:

You'll need to skip that manually. It's not beyond the knowledge of man to build a movement that would recognise that it's set to a month that has 31 days, or 28 days, but not for sub $300.

Anytime.

ReplicaFromDownunder

Looking to buy excatly the same watch. But wanted someone's review on the quality of this rep before I pull the trigger. Is it close to 1:1 ?

AGL
Looking to buy excatly the same watch. But wanted someone's review on the quality of this rep before I pull the trigger. Is it close to 1:1 ?

Would also be interested. Anyone want to tell us?

crewldude

edited post...see below

Edited by crewldude

crewldude

Actually, this is what the gen looks like; a Breitling Navitimer Montbrilliant Datora:

4027.jpg

surfer2278

Will this watch accept an ETA movement as a replacement?

Rav747

I initially got this for myself, but since my dad liked it, I gave it to him. It's a great rep. One of my faves. Mine didn't have a recessed month and day. The ar however is rather blah(light to nonexistent). It's does wear smaller than I thought it would, but it definitely got its deserved attention.

Luthier
Will this watch accept an ETA movement as a replacement?

No.

surfer2278

thank you Luthier

Briski05

Guys,

If you look closely at the sub dial at 9 it has 2 hands in it.

The silver one of these is the GMT hand.

Cheers,

Brisco

dpshptl

any luck finding this in a pure white like the gen? that off white just doesnt cut it.