LightGeek

And like that, the rep journey is at the end…

LightGeek

It’s my time.

Perhaps it was due to the challenging times we faced, maybe it was a matter of financial constraints... Regardless, I must express the immense joy I've experienced within this community. It's hard to believe that over a decade has passed since I first encountered the remarkable craftsmanship of TD sourced replica watches.

Throughout my search, I've always sought a timeless piece of modest proportions that would serve as my final acquisition. And now, I've found it in the form of a 1971 Rolex Date 1501, whose tritium markers have long since faded away. It possesses a simple and classic design, with a smaller size and folded links, complemented by an acrylic crystal. Though I would have preferred a jubilee bracelet, the passing years would have surely taken their toll on it — and be stretched beyond recognition!

Reflecting upon this journey, I can't help but recall the virtual friendships I've forged and those who have departed. I am sincerely grateful for the enriching experiences along the way.

Most, if not all, of my replica watches will soon find new homes, alongside a collection of genuine timepieces. My hope is that they will bring as much joy to their new owners as they have brought to me.

3SUnGp.jpeg

• Like 6

Jupitersrise

What’s next on the horizon for you?

FoxWilde

What a killer ending! Great watch, wear in good health. 
if you’re thinking of throwing your reps out you can use my PO Box lol!

porschespeedster

Great piece. Is it all Gen? 

Congrats on the idea to 'thin the herd', hope it all works out!

GC

@LightGeek over the last few months I’ve gone through the whole process of letting my 13yr collection of replicas go… there were times I questioned my decisions and sometimes my sanity regarding particular pieces. 
You will find a balance in the collection, keeping the one piece you love most till the end, by then you can decide how you feel 

But like the old saying goes… “a man with one watch knows the time, a man with two watches is never quite certain ”

Congrats on the beautiful Rolex 

• Like 1

LightGeek
3 hours ago, porschespeedster said:

Great piece. Is it all Gen? 

Congrats on the idea to 'thin the herd', hope it all works out!

All gen. There’s a lot of history behind this piece but that’s for another day.

OLDBLOKE74

Good choice ! 

There is no occasion or dress code that the silver 1501 would be inappropriate for.

I sometimes question if I should get rid of my reps but the value is so small compared to gens that it almost feels like  it’s not worth the hassle. 

That is my excuse anyway 

• Like 3

deju

It's a crazy journey, I love that watch instant classic! 

Hopefully there are some 10 year gems coming up for grabs :lol:

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

You'll be back... guaranteed. lol

That said, aren't you in Toronto? If you are, we should meet for a beer and perhaps a preview of what's coming up for sale.  ;)

• Like 1

edwinowl

It won’t be the end. 
I had my end and now I’m back in a sub from Mary. 
Don’t get me wrong I have gens but you’ll be drawn back in I’ll guarantee it. See you soon. 

• Like 2

RussP

Great news indeed @LightGeek

I've been on the gen only 'trip' for about 3 years now with no regrets.

My only problem is that I haven't sold any reps yet............:D

• Like 1

APjumbo

Did someone say reps for sale in Canada?

Its like music to me ears.

• Like 2

GenTLe
2 hours ago, RussP said:

I've been on the gen only 'trip' for about 3 years now with no regrets.

Com'on guys, it seems to be to an "anonymous watchist" meeting here :D

The reps are fun, and a joy! :)

And I'm pretty sure LightGeek will be back, sooner or later!

• Like 3

Rx4Time

Ok, who's going to tell me the secret code word to get in on the presale here ....

Abe Fromen
8 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Ok, who's going to tell me the secret code word to get in on the presale here ....

Get in line, mister. LOL

• Like 1

brang1

Never say never 

LightGeek
On 23/06/2023 at 14:02, Abe Fromen said:

You'll be back... guaranteed. lol

That said, aren't you in Toronto? If you are, we should meet for a beer and perhaps a preview of what's coming up for sale.  ;)

I certainly am. Could do, though I'd still make the post public.

On 23/06/2023 at 18:43, GenTLe said:

Com'on guys, it seems to be to an "anonymous watchist" meeting here :D

The reps are fun, and a joy! :)

And I'm pretty sure LightGeek will be back, sooner or later!

Well, that depends on if the interest rates keep on hiking up, haha. Still, I don't think so. I've got a bunch of watch projects that have stalled, hard. COVID has made me take much more time with the kids.

On 23/06/2023 at 16:26, APjumbo said:

Did someone say reps for sale in Canada?

Its like music to me ears.

No. Nobody said that. Hi, I'm Nobody.

LightGeek
On 23/06/2023 at 13:35, deju said:

It's a crazy journey, I love that watch instant classic! 

Hopefully there are some 10 year gems coming up for grabs :lol:

There is one. One that will take me a LOT of effort to list... a Montblanc... will see.

arabellemcelreavy2
On 23/06/2023 at 02:29, LightGeek said:

It’s my time.

Perhaps it was due to the challenging times we faced, maybe it was a matter of financial constraints... Regardless, I must express the immense joy I've experienced within this community. It's hard to believe that over a decade has passed since I first encountered the remarkable craftsmanship of TD sourced replica watches.

Throughout my search, I've always sought a timeless piece of modest proportions that would serve as my final acquisition. And now, I've found it in the form of a 1971 Rolex Date 1501, whose tritium markers have long since faded away. It possesses a simple and classic design, with a smaller size and folded links, complemented by an acrylic crystal. Though I would have preferred a jubilee bracelet, the passing years would have surely taken their toll on it — and be stretched beyond recognition!

Reflecting upon this journey, I can't help but recall the virtual friendships I've forged and those who have departed. I am sincerely grateful for the enriching experiences along the way.

Most, if not all, of my replica watches will soon find new homes, alongside a collection of genuine timepieces. My http://essaypapers.reviews/ hope is that they will bring as much joy to their new owners as they have brought to me.

3SUnGp.jpeg

They actually look pretty good.:D