Sign in to follow this  
pallidum

Noob first rep

pallidum

Hi all- looking for a little advice.

I would like a nice quality rep or homage of a Panerai. I am debating between

1- a Panerai 312 rep from PrestigeWatchCo: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...&hl=panerai

2- a Panerai MM04 Homage from Jackso Tse: http://www.jacksontse.com/mm004.html

I don't much care if it says Paneria or not, but I am after a nice quality watch that will run well for a long time. I understand that by purchasing a rep/homage, I obviously give up a great deal of quality compared to a Gen watch, but I want the best for the money.

Does anyone have experience with these two dealers and could you attest to quality/durability?

Thanks!

greg_r

You should be fine with either one. Spend more and you'll get a better watch (some of the high-end reps should be just as reliable as the gen), but either one of the two watches you list are decent, reliable watches for the dough...

NCRich

I have the 312 in the 47mm. I like it, but it came with one of the lugs cross threaded. It works perfectly. I also bought the 111, it is much better built. At least the one I got.

robznet

Hi and welcome to the forum! As our rt honourable leader says above - either of those watches should be a good buy, don't think you will go far wrong.

Be warned though - this is the start of an addiction, but have fun anyway! :D

pallidum

Thanks for the great advice guys.

Addiction is right...Much to my wife's dismay...

Bosox
I have the 312 in the 47mm. I like it, but it came with one of the lugs cross threaded. It works perfectly. I also bought the 111, it is much better built. At least the one I got.

And how did you repair it?

Bosox

And how did you remedy it

jameo210369

Hi Pallidum, welcome to the forum. The Jackson is a solid rep but as Greg has said if you spend a bit more you can get a really nice rep.

NCRich

Well I cut the rep strap off, dremeled the lug in half, screwed it out with a vise grip. Replaced it with new panerai spring bars. New handmade strap off ebay like I would have done anyway. $7 for the spring bars.

Robert told me to send it back but it was too much trouble.

Bosox

Well I cut the rep strap off, dremeled the lug in half, screwed it out with a vise grip. Replaced it with new panerai spring bars. New handmade strap off ebay like I would have done anyway. $7 for the spring bars.

Robert told me to send it back but it was too much trouble.

Easy enough. And it would give me a chance to use the Dremel which I rarely do. Hope the occasion never occurs, though