Theonewatches

Daytona 116500(Black)GEN and APS Comprehensive Comparison

Theonewatches

Hi everyone, I'm Steve, I'm back and I seem to be back more often these days, hope you don't mind, haha.

Time flies, it's been more than a year since I did this kind of work, and I still remember Steve's first comparison post started with the daytona series,

and recently the APS factory also released the daytona series, and it just so happens that I still have the genuine 116500 black in my hands, so let's take this opportunity to go back to the beginning.

As we all know, the market for the 4130 Daytona is currently dominated by two factories, clean and BT, and the choice of most models is either C or B.

Although there are other factories joining them, they have failed to take a share of the pie from the "CB" combination. Today we will see how the newcomer APS performs.

Front Dial View
8446f868.jpg

6fd4193c.jpg

Natual Light View
7165dcca.jpg

7da52bcb.jpg

View Under Light

8645227f.jpg

a6458045.jpg

Sunlit view
331f82e6.jpg
By comparing the view in multiple environments, we can see the difference between the color of the subdial and the Gen. In fact, the color deviation is secondary,

after all, it is inevitable, but mainly the reflectivity of the APS is a bit strong, which is where I think the most improvement is needed.

Bezel View
44204fb9.jpg

8f8ada46.jpg
The APS bezel is also a clean factory replacement bezel, the best ceramic Daytona bezel on the market today, with the same frontal width and lateral height as the Gen.

Crystal Side View
758ef66c.jpg

73797ff0.jpg
The overall crystal is excellent, the thickness of the beveled edges is well controlled and the transparency I personally feel is good.

Bezel Platinum coating
f92977bd.jpg

7a5d5d08.jpg

0e932b88.jpg

2912f0ee.jpg

29c95a55.jpg

d5e8cbcf.jpg

720fbcfc.jpg

af6732d8.jpg
The Bezel is filled with vacuum plated 18K white gold, the colour is a slightly greyish white rather than pure white,

the colour is almost indistinguishable from Gen (some of the figures appear slightly yellowish in the comparison view as the gen has been around for some time)

Crown and markers side view
aeda95ab.jpg

d3904d32.jpg

466e283b.jpg
The overall stick and crown maintain the style of a major manufacturer, especially the rounded edges of the stick,Objectively speaking, APS has taken great care in this area of detail.

Luminous Filled View
a703ced9.jpg

a23c69fe.jpg
The luminous filling is also very granular, especially the stick, which is not inferior to gen.

Oil font View
61643c8e.jpg

d47e8940.jpg

de574c02.jpg

3e36b385.jpg

339d7c93.jpg

c5038c18.jpg
Overall, the oil print is a bit lacking and the edges are a bit irregular, but of course all the small details are equal to the naked eye (Gen and reproduction are equal), so this is a minor or major problem. However, the font "DAYTONA" is a little too bold and feels a little too big.

Subdial view
d3d0a6fe.jpg

a9650c0a.jpg

9b87d54d.jpg
The length of the hands is fine, they are in line with the Gen, but the Middle Axis is slightly flawed, the centre is raised a little high and there are some burn marks.

Side view of subdial
e5d19688.jpg

b65880da.jpg

52253a6a.jpg

f43f598a.jpg

8c091c69.jpg

caa5a36a.jpg
In contrast to the Gen, the subdials are a bit different in terms of grain and lettering, but of course this can be ignored, and as mentioned at the beginning, the main thing is that the reflections are rather severe.

Middle Axis View

f65db1de.jpg

469fdfca.jpg

ed4a0b2b.jpg
The Middle Axis is the same problem as the subdials, the centre is raised too high, if it were sunk a little it would be very close to the Gen.

Rehaut Side View
bfb3a071.jpg

36699eed.jpg
The engraving and clarity of the typeface are very good, but of course this is standard for a major manufacturer

Endlink side view
a4bf9855.jpg

The curvature of Endlink presents a good feeling and is overall very similar to Gen, with the same amount of sink at the lower edge as Gen

Chronograph head view
bceb9b9e.jpg

8b940871.jpg
In both the screwed and unscrewed position, the outer leakage of the chronograph crown remains consistent with Gen. As far as the pressing hand is concerned, after repeated tests,

I personally think that APS is very good, the overall pressing and rebounding process is relatively smooth, with a strong sense of damping and rebounding,

which seems to be off-topic, as these aspects are also influenced by the chronograph components of movement.

Case side view

206fefff.jpg

9eb3d595.jpg
You can review the data comparison chart at the end of the Comments for yourself, after all, the eye can make mistakes, but the data is not misplaced. Haha.

Caseback view
c57dee56.jpg

794317ba.jpg
The detailing of the back cover is very fine, the teeth are very rounded, especially in the frosted and brushed areas, which look very clean and neat.

Case engraving View
3b31e51f.jpg

d04f4231.jpg
The case is engraved in parallel with Gen, which lacks depth, but this is due to the difference in craftsmanship and the difference is inevitable.

Strap Details View
ddfd4cf5.jpg

7caefc9e.jpg

85d93b99.jpg

21f2e1db.jpg
Check out the strap details for yourself. There is not much more to say, I'm afraid I don't have enough vocabulary, so I'll have to save it, haha.

Laser Marker View
fd598376.jpg
The shape of the laser markers is still the same as in other reproduction factories. The gen is irregularly arranged from the side, something that no factory has done, although it is not a very important detail.

Luminous View
8195d930.jpg
The luminous colours remain consistent. As mentioned earlier, the graininess is very strong and the actual result is the same.

Since we did not open the caseback to photograph the movement, as you may know, APS is equipped with the Shanghai (VR) calibre 4130, which the factory claims to have a power reserve of 70 hours,

but after actual tests, it was confirmed that the movement has a power reserve of 66-68 hours, although it does not yet reach 70 hours,But the difference is already small, as the actual kinetic reserve of each movement varies slightly.

Data comparison chart

3e508992.jpg

f9bcdea5.jpg

f669e4c5.jpg

58c9a883.jpg

b5e4504a.jpg
Note: All watches are measured in a clamped state, and there may be errors due to the slight deviation of the position of the caliper. In addition, GEN intercepts the strap, and the factory has a steel strap protective film that has not been torn off.

Well, today's post is here, thank you guys for watching. If there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to complete it. Welcome to comment and exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replica watches and GEN’s. And it is also for you to choose the favorite models conveniently.

Illustration: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the light source. For details, please refer to the content. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large, you can download it and enlarge it for comparison.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks.

Steve.

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86 17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Theonewatches
  • Like 2

Michel78

good rep, did not expect to be heavier than the gen. I think the the most visible difference is the color of the subdial

GenTLe

@Theonewatches do you think they're gonna rep this one too (with the subdial for the chrono hours with changed gears so that it runs 24h like the gen)?

rolex-daytona-2023-le-mans-quadrante.jpg rolex-daytona-lemans-2023-2.jpg

GC

Subdials give it away immediately 

GenTLe
52 minutes ago, GC said:

Subdials give it away immediately 

I wouldn't say so: check the background or the steel case, the pictures have been taken with different exposition setting, the gen one appear darker due to that.

GC
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

I wouldn't say so: check the background or the steel case, the pictures have been taken with different exposition setting, the gen one appear darker due to that.

Nope. The subdial surrounding ( I.e. the metal ringlets are too shiny. 

3JuQ0K.png

GenTLe

Ah ok, that... Well, considering all will think it's a fake anyway (as it's an unobtainable piece) and that only a magnification would reveal it... Not a big deal I'd say, if it's priced correctly :)

Michel78
On 10/07/2023 at 20:26, GenTLe said:

@Theonewatches do you think they're gonna rep this one too (with the subdial for the chrono hours with changed gears so that it runs 24h like the gen)?

rolex-daytona-2023-le-mans-quadrante.jpg

Where did you saw this version?

arcom
Posted (edited)

Hello-

This is my first post.  I joined because of this comparison, particularly because the APS movement is not as widely known as other factories.  One thing the APS provides on their reps is pictured bellow.  I have yet to find another factory that includes this case stamp which I believe is actually part of the mounting plate and not the movement proper.  Then stamps are located next to the red reversing wheel.

https://clickpix.org/image/APS-4130-FACTORY-FULL-VIEW.KqGC6n
https://clickpix.org/image/APS-FACTORY-4130-CORRECT.KqGp2E

Edited by arcom
add images