sammysmiths

Buying in Turkey.

sammysmiths

A mate is in Turkey and is looking at watches .yes I’ve warned him several times and he’s not listening . I told him to find out what factory the watches come from and he’s been looking at a Breitling from LS factory . I’ve not heard of them and in all fairness could be a POS. It’s his money. Is there such a thing as LS factory and it’s gonna cost him £140 . Thanks for any advice 

deju

RWI list of makers says there was L maker but I’ve never heard of a LSF / LS (F)actory 

It’s a bit like prostitutes. If your mate is enjoying the banter and the process then he can buy it. But like when a tourist gets a prostitute, he’s going to get fucked and regret it when he gets home. 

Philiusmaximus

Wouldn't trust the Turkish sellers as far as I could throw them. It'll be a useless piece of shit and they'll tell him anything to get it sold.

FudgyDocker

You have to know your sellers in Turkey, I'm afraid. Even the 'special' ones in briefcases under the counter are going to be mid-range at best. And even if the un-initiated think they're getting a deal by haggling down a huge amount from the asking price, they aren't! It's extremely rare for a Turkish seller to sell factory watches. For £140, it will be a DHGate quality watch at double the normal price.

Take it from a bloke that's been going for 18 years, and only ever bought 2. And then only because I had a reasonable idea of what I was looking at.

Tell him to walk away, join up here and know what he's getting by buying from TDs here.

• Like 1