Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Somebody stop me!

JohnG

Just won two auctions, same seller, $79 for the both, shipped. Tell me it is okay, that I can always sell them and I won't lose any money, so don't worry about it...

See, there is a "Thousands of Feet" and a non-chrono, "Flight Deck" - both 6497 powered U-boat homages - that I still plan on getting, plus an ETA powered diver (if it stays low), plus Julia has a $63 dollar credit for me (towards an IWC Ingy maybe?)..... and then there are the FOUR homages that I am tracking with a day to go that are Soooooooooooooo low that if they don't move significantly I will have to buy ALL of them..... I also wanted a PWC 217 sometime soon too...

It hit me late, but it hit me hard!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BM6MT5wWkKGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBJm8-2.jpg

1413_12.JPG

e357_1.jpg

e3df_1.jpg

greg_r

hahaha - you're on fire, John. You can always sell 'em at a massive profit on RG, though :rofl:

Damn, but I want to buy a watch sooooooooo bad, but with Robert threatening to have Ultimate Fiddys soon, I'm holding myself in check. Just. So far. aaaargh!

:(

onzenuub

Oke stop it.

KinCaidk

Stop it John!

Edit: Carry on John!

onzenuub
Stop it John!

I told him allready, so stop telling him to stop.

JohnG
hahaha - you're on fire, John. You can always sell 'em at a massive profit on RG, though :rofl:

Damn, but I want to buy a watch sooooooooo bad, but with Robert threatening to have Ultimate Fiddys soon, I'm holding myself in check. Just. So far. aaaargh!

:(

I am looking towards a Fiddy too - but the more I think about it the more I think I may just go homage. The gen is SO expensive that I would never EVER try to pull it off as gen, so I may just go with another Getatwatch homage or maybe Jackson Tse (similar to Getat, you can get cases, dials, whatever, all sterile stuff...)

trailboss99
Stop it John!

Who do you think you are? Stop telling peeps to stop telling him to stop. I'm telling you to stop stoping folk from telling peeps to stop. This is not on and must stop.

OKE?

Col.

JohnG

stop me.... please

KinCaidk
Stop it John!

Who do you think you are? Stop telling peeps to stop telling him to stop. I'm telling you to stop stoping folk from telling peeps to stop. This is not on and must stop.

OKE?

Col.

luuuuuuunatics

onzenuub
Stop it John!

OKE?

Col.

Oh yeah, wel I wil only stop telling people to stop telling people to stop because I already told them to stop whenever I want oke and not when you want me to stop telling people to stop telling people to stop because I already told them to stop. Hm.

greg_r
I am looking towards a Fiddy too - but the more I think about it the more I think I may just go homage. The gen is SO expensive that I would never EVER try to pull it off as gen, so I may just go with another Getatwatch homage or maybe Jackson Tse (similar to Getat, you can get cases, dials, whatever, all sterile stuff...)

The only problem with the Getat 127 homage is that the damned CG is on upside-down (lever on the wrong side). You can turn it around, but then the stampings on the CG are going to be on the back. I know it's a homage, so it doesn't matter, but it would bug me...

The 217, however, is the right way up.... hmmm :(

JohnG

The only problem with the Getat 127 homage is that the damned CG is on upside-down (lever on the wrong side). You can turn it around, but then the stampings on the CG are going to be on the back. I know it's a homage, so it doesn't matter, but it would bug me...

Cool!

Another option is to buy it piecemeal, cg at Jackson? I haven't used him but heard good things... He has (for example) sapphire fiddy crystals with AR (pretty sure it was his site)....

onzenuub

Cool!

Another option is to buy it piecemeal, cg at Jackson? I haven't used him but heard good things... He has (for example) sapphire fiddy crystals with AR (pretty sure it was his site)....

Jackson died, didn't you know?

JohnG

Har har.

Here is his site: http://www.jacksontse.com/index.html

onzenuub
Har har.

Here is his site: http://www.jacksontse.com/index.html

Only PAM's. I don't like. Does your girlfriend know that you're a compulsieve watch buyer now?

greg_r

Cool!

Yup - he seems to have quite a selection. His site is a nightmare, though - endless listings of bits and pieces in no particular order. Every time I start looking at it, I decide that life is too bleedin' short and give up.

JohnG

Cool!

Yup - he seems to have quite a selection. His site is a nightmare, though - endless listings of bits and pieces in no particular order. Every time I start looking at it, I decide that life is too bleedin' short and give up.

And if you have seen a price on there, tell me where.

I hear it is best to just tell him what you want and ask for a price...

greg_r

If there's a price on there, I haven't managed to stay awake long enough to find it. Emailing him and asking sounds like the best move if one wants to buy something before one dies...

AustinTech

I like that last Parnis with the seconds @ 9.

The u-boat homages? Bleh, sell those ASAP. Use the money for a 217. That thing is soooo nice. I'm thinking of getting one, but I just never get around to pulling the trigger.

Not like you John. Crasy ass. But at least you are getting some good value for your money.

greg_r

Waiting for an AV test scan to complete, so I'm looking at the Getat watch site.

All of a sudden I find that I have $300 worth of watches in my basket...

*puts down the credit card and backs away slowly*

that was close... :o

:lol:

JohnG

If there's a price on there, I haven't managed to stay awake long enough to find it. Emailing him and asking sounds like the best move if one wants to buy something before one dies...

Yeah, I think the quartz chrono will get sold quick, but just couldn't help myself. There was a handwind flight deck I wanted yesterday (PVD/SS combo, pretty sexy) but spaced out and missed the auction end by three minutes.... was so desperate I got this one today. Will wear for a day, put it up at RG (if the place ever starts working again).

JohnG

@greg careful!....... :lol:

Hey, anyone know what this slider is on the side of the handwind:

e48c_1.JPG

KinCaidk

JohnG.

It's for emptying the watch after you have been swimming :lol:

trailboss99

Is geek down again?

Col.

JohnG
Is geek down again?

Col.

its up and down, minute by minute. wait five minutes and it will work again.

wasn't that bad even on the old RWG