Sparks010

Newbie intro : A big hello to all you Horology fans.

Sparks010

Hi to all  you horology fans out there, I'm a fellow watch geek from Nottingham in the U.k. 

Back story how i got into the hobby.

I've been collecting various brands of watches for the last 3 years, although when I think about it, I've been into watches my whole life, some of my fondest memories from childhood were saving up my pocket money to buy a Chinese digital watch from the market, Coming from a poor back ground of a council estate in Clifton I've  never really had the money in the past to afford the swiss bands until I was lucky enough to be gifted a preowned Tag Hauer quartz Aquaracer chronograph  from my previous boss for 20 years of loyal service and after that I was bitten well and truly by the watch bug. 

So recently went to look at a Tudor black bay 58&41 in goldsmiths and even though I could just about afford it, I couldn't quite bring myself to splash 3bags on a watch as I work in a industrial job so a desk diver wouldn't get much use, wouldn't want to damage such a lovely time piece. 

So I thought I'd join here to find myself a quality replica after buying bellow par watches from Ebay sellers and DH gate and of course  to discuss all watch related chat etc.

I'm currently browsing through Trusty's website so if anyone can vouch for them I'd  be grateful

One last thing if any one can recommend the best factories for the latest Tudor bb41 heritage and the Omega SMP in either green or black( Still can't make my mind up which one to get)

well thanks any help and advice will be appreciated Btw I've read most of the newbie sticky's about ordering watches and Qc photo's etc but i'll probably read them again before I pull the trigger Lol.

• Like 2

Sparks010

Thanks for the welcome tanGo,  I am feeling like a kid in a candy shop too many choices, but having lots of fun choosing, the only problem will be thinking up excuses to buy just one more watch.

FudgyDocker

Once you have one decent one mate, prepare to empty your wallet,

Usually, VSF/SBF for Omega - possibly XF/ZF for Tudor. 

Also, no matter how much you may be tempted, C/Card or Paypal are NOT the best ways to pay for a watch. Transferwise (Wise) from the UK is most definitely the best,

• Like 1

GenTLe
5 hours ago, Sparks010 said:

One last thing if any one can recommend the best factories for the latest Tudor bb41 heritage and the Omega SMP in either green or black( Still can't make my mind up which one to get)

well thanks any help and advice will be appreciated Btw I've read most of the newbie sticky's about ordering watches and Qc photo's etc but i'll probably read them again before I pull the trigger Lol.

Welcome :)

If you want to remain on Trusty (he was my 1st purchase too, back then, due to the usage of PayPal and feeling "secure" about that, then I moved to Mary and Toro, especially Mary, with Wise as payment method), I'd suggest you the ZF one (but ask if it's still available, it was presented quite long time ago as you can see at the bottom of the page: https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=228&products_id=17344 ). For the Omega go with the ZF too, or VSF if available (I have this one) or JVF which are very similar (check https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/omega-seamaster-300-vsf-jvs-orf.10764582/ ), or also with ORF.

Also, pretty important if you're not familiar with mechanical watches, to look at this one: https://www.thewatchpages.com/things-you-should-and-shouldnt-do-with-a-mechanical-watch/ (note: the 1st "don't" is only for manual wind watches, the problem doesn't exist with automatic ones)

Edited by GenTLe

Sparks010

Hey GenTle thanks for the warm welcome, and the corresponding information, I have noticed that when I login on a laptop there seems to be a lot more information available including comparisons of different factory reps and the flaws pertaining to them, also I am not new to mechanical watches as I currently own 6 of them but thank-you for the providing the warnings all the same cheers. I've had a quick look at Mary's watches and it looks like the posts haven't been updated for a while,  but I can contact her and see if she can source me what I'm looking for as she seems like she gives good customer service,which is extremely important to me. 

GenTLe
8 hours ago, Sparks010 said:

Hey GenTle thanks for the warm welcome, and the corresponding information, I have noticed that when I login on a laptop there seems to be a lot more information available including comparisons of different factory reps and the flaws pertaining to them, also I am not new to mechanical watches as I currently own 6 of them but thank-you for the providing the warnings all the same cheers. I've had a quick look at Mary's watches and it looks like the posts haven't been updated for a while,  but I can contact her and see if she can source me what I'm looking for as she seems like she gives good customer service,which is extremely important to me. 

You're welcome :)

Yes Mary doesn't have a site  and don't write much but I can assure she is more than active :) Just send her an email and she'll be back in 1 day or  so.