NCRich

You gotta be kidding me - HUGE SEIZURE

fatarms

I applaud them for keeping that watch in particular free from anyone's sight.  Good grief.

• Like 3

Intresting

they might have calculated what the rep is worth if its genuine......  so its a value of potential lost sales by the brand owners :)

Kako99

YEAH BUT human  traffic, drugs, opium illegal aliens nah those don't matter let them in!!

lets seize copy watches to let the world know we are working hard...

Darkstar5
4 hours ago, NCRich said:

THIS makes CNN?  130 Canal Street replicas are worth $4 million?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/05/us/fake-designer-watches-louisville-cbp-trnd/index.html

Maybe $50 a piece.  I mean really?

Hh7RvI.jpeg

Damn...my sky dweller, this is why my tracking hasn't updated. How embarrassing. It was going to be 1:1 once I installed a deep crystal.

• Like 2

Intresting
3 hours ago, Intresting said:

they might have calculated what the rep is worth if its genuine......  so its a value of potential lost sales by the brand owners :)

here we go.  Context...

HhNI1E.png

tonyh7

It’s the same thing with drug seizures. They are always reported as having a street value of millions of dollars. Street value is code for an impressively big number they made up. 

Aramis2288
THIS makes CNN?  130 Canal Street replicas are worth $4 million?
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/05/us/fake-designer-watches-louisville-cbp-trnd/index.html
Maybe $50 a piece.  I mean really?
Hh7RvI.jpeg
What kind of abomination is this?

Fully blinged out submariner-skydweller-datejust? Lol!

Holy shit, this is actually quite impressive (in a bad way).

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

deju

They always base it on what the watch is valued at if real…. Makes better headlines for law enforcement and the newspapers 

SCShrek

They shouldve packaged those watches with C-4, they would have slid right on through. Congrats on busting $6500 worth of fake crap. How do you put a "genuine" price on a watch that doesnt even exist...really?

Well anyway, I guess I now know what happened to the Rollie I was expecting.....

Buddhabar

@NCRich

I start by saying that I don't like this magnificence in watchmaking....but if CNN talks about it, I wouldn't want even the replicas to contribute to subtly advertising the parent company in the end.

What do you think? 

Rx4Time

I didn't even think they made such horrendous low-end copies anymore.... My head is still hurting just from looking at it

Michel78

Wonder how they put a price on those watches

Rx4Time
56 minutes ago, Michel78 said:

Wonder how they put a price on those watches

Normally they give the value of the genuine equivalent, but with this one's case Lord knows what they used for valuation since it doesn't exist as a genuine.... a sub-date-sky-master fully paved?   

Michel78
2 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Normally they give the value of the genuine equivalent, but with this one's case Lord knows what they used for valuation since it doesn't exist as a genuine.... a sub-date-sky-master fully paved?   

they put the price of the 3 together :D plus the diamonds

• Like 1

Duzza

I want a Hubolt 

topnote73

I need some "OH MY EYES!" Memes - hit me with your best ones 9GAG. - 9GAG

NCRich
6 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

@NCRich

I start by saying that I don't like this magnificence in watchmaking....but if CNN talks about it, I wouldn't want even the replicas to contribute to subtly advertising the parent company in the end.

What do you think? 

I'm not a fan of any particular news service.  Since the news channels have become infotainment they mostly write stories that keep their target market glued to the screen so they can sell ad space.  To be fair I'm not sure there ever was real news, it always had a slant.

Michel78
14 hours ago, NCRich said:

I'm not a fan of any particular news service.  Since the news channels have become infotainment they mostly write stories that keep their target market glued to the screen so they can sell ad space.  To be fair I'm not sure there ever was real news, it always had a slant.

they always change the story to make it sound more clickbait, never real fact

brooksy

Hard to trust anything on the news these days. Who cares about fake watch news in the press anyway, its them aliens we want to know about :Jumpy:

Kungen99

idk if its that I've start to search a lot for watches etc that all my news feed started to alter.

however there is one article in particular that keeps coming back. 

its about how 80 % of all fake watches are rolexes. 

do you know if this is true?

by the looks of reddit it certainly holds true as those ads are mostly rolexes...

media and the news sometimes just try to get clickbait right?

TanGo
On 8/13/2023 at 8:38 PM, brooksy said:

Hard to trust anything on the news these days. Who cares about fake watch news in the press anyway, its them aliens we want to know about :Jumpy:

The watch is fake, the aliens are fake too. So why do you have an interest in the second case? What's the difference? :D

Kungen99

Hehe maybe aliens it’s still in the air wether or not they are fake ;)