Sign in to follow this  
andy66

THE WAIT......

andy66

I miss talking to Greg(Gary).He was a cool guy,sent me my first watch,let me pay when it arrived,I'd been waiting 2 months for a parcel from Robert.....anyway,the wait always killed me,checking tracking......I ended up finding a page on FB(no names etc,I'm not advertising for them)being very suspicious I messaged them and it turned out they were only 20 miles away so I went to visit,nice enough lad,bought a hulk,it was a cheapie so I asked if I could swap for the best hulk he had....No problem.swapped it and got what he calls an SCG,(Superclone).

A very nice piece that is still going strong,so now I had a source,close to home,ask for a model,pick up right away.....so one reason I've been absent is the dealer I found,his page on FB has gone really big,he sells loads,raffles,.seems to be the perfect Dealer......

So after about 15 or so purchases, a few problems.I got to thinking....why isn't he selling on the forums?he's knowledgeable and goes to China often(he says).without naming the page it's a bit hard but after all the sales I thought I'd ask a few questions about SUPERCLONES etc, and I can't find much fault in the operation or his answers.Its way too big for one person to run but as for watches,I can tell by movements what is good and I know a cheap auto movent but when it comes to the higher end pieces I don't have a clue,so these watches are supposed to be the best version available,if I take the backs off, what can I look for that will give me a clue??

Sorry if this is long winded,but I'm dying to know if the page on FB is known by lads on here and I'm wanting to be able to tell if what he is selling,really is the best version??

He really is a decent person,the one I meet anyway,and if anyone on here has come across the page they will know what I mean when I say SCG.

??

andy66

I should never post when I'm having a beer,sorry if it makes no sense.

Pesman

You have a simple choice when buying reps - stick with a known quantity and trusted community like here (as i have done for over 15yrs) play safe and learn the factories and use TDs and M2M sales to build a safe and solid collection without worry (but maybe the odd wait) or.....

Go romping across the unpoliced wildlands of FB where everything looks perfect and rarely is. FB scammers are rife across all products for one reason - FB don't give a shit!

When you start out in reps, eyeballs rolling and palms sweaty at the thought of owning a £25k Rolex (why is it always bloody Rolex?) watch for peanuts, you are ripe for being ripped off and most likely will. It sounds like you may have been lucky. If this guy lives up the road and you are happy with what he has and his prices then stay happy. No-one on here goes near FB as we have moved beyond those first drooling days. Enjoy them or join here, read, engage and learn...terms like superclone are pretty meaningless and prices for the closest copies are in the several hundreds of dollars...and rising

Here endeth the lesson..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

GingerApple

Oh, you mean Superclones!!?!

Never heard of him.

andy66

No he calls the top watches SCG(SUPERCLONES).

Hes knowledgeable,delivery is next day.Im wondering if anyone on here has heard/used his service.dont want to advertise but I'm curious why he's not on these forums.?

It's awkward without naming his page.Im curious how his top watches compare with the best the TDs on here.Thats why I'm asking if anyone knows of his FB Page??

Pesman

I would just say his name. Up to people on here if they want to risk it. I believe anyone can approach Mods to become TD they get probationary status initially. Suspect he's doing fine without risking our open honest feedback on his wares...a simpletons (if you are that bothered) is to ask forthefactorythe watch is from.if hewont divulgethat your probably getting DHGate products..many of which are good but suspect he is adding a hefty markup..anyway if your happy just enjoy them!

• Like 1

andy66
On 09/08/2023 at 10:59, Pesman said:

I would just say his name. Up to people on here if they want to risk it. I believe anyone can approach Mods to become TD they get probationary status initially. Suspect he's doing fine without risking our open honest feedback on his wares...a simpletons (if you are that bothered) is to ask forthefactorythe watch is from.if hewont divulgethat your probably getting DHGate products..many of which are good but suspect he is adding a hefty markup..anyway if your happy just enjoy them!

He is called ahmer,watchworld on FB.Top bloke and you will get your watch next-day,or if your in the west Yorkshire area,message him and call round,he doesn't post factory's and version info but will tell you if you ask.I can't for the life of me understand why he doesn't get on these forums.His UK stock is pretty extensive aswell.

He does raffles and everytime you buy you get £5 or £10 in your credit wallet,you can use this to build up or get money off.

I've been buying off him for years now,..

I'd go as far to say,if you buy a watch off him and you don't get your watch,I'd reimburse you.Thats how reliable he is.hes got back up FB pages,insta, WhatsApp...

I'm his acquaintance but in no way does he know I'm mentioning him on here and I don't get anything for doing it.

Sorry for posting while I'm on the Brandy,I know I waffle shite.

andy66

Just spoke to him,he's so busy with his own pages and getting orders out  he doesn't have the time to devote to forums.