Gazp

Just joined

Gazp

Just saying hello and introducing myself, I'm a UK native and currently own a regmariner, I've owned it for about 4 years and I still love it, it's still going strong and I've never had a problem with it, it still looks like it did when I received it. It only has the 2813 movement and I'm thinking about getting it serviced, is it worth it because this movement is so cheap so if it does pack in its easily replaced? Only thing I've not done with this watch is test the waterproof, I don't want to break it. I'm thinking of purchasing a higher standard replica, are they waterproof? Anyway I'll be doing some research. 

GenTLe

If you are able to do it yourself, there's nothing wrong in servicing a 2813, I've done it few times.

But if not, a service will cost you at least 4 or 5 times a new movement... Hence...

Bbsee

Welcome to the club.

If you really love the watch and it is kind of sentimental to you as your first rep, there is no harm in servicing.

Me personally though, I would go for a higher end rep and only service those ones.

You'll see a world of difference when you jump from a rep with a 2813 movement to a higher end rep with a high beat movement.

Most factories say they are waterproofed to 30m, however I can't say I've ever really tested this. You can get watches waterproofed officially though.

Best with your search.

• Like 1