Sign in to follow this  
rober100

Cartel 120$ pre-service, isn't it too expensive?

rober100

Andrew is charging 120$ for;

"Waterproofing : Additional seals are add on and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars (50m waterproofing)

Movement is completely overhaul and re-assembled, serviced and re-lub with 5 different types of Swiss imported movement lubricant, Calibration to +5 secs per day. "

What do you think? isn't it too expensive? Does any other dealer have better pre-service prices?

houndoggie

my trust level is very low on that service.

agntkerr

Look elsewhere..robert has a service I Believe. I trust Andrew about as far as I could throw him right about now.

Wiz

Not servicing a movement is way cheaper than really do it, and only a few people can tell the difference, so... :(

rober100
Not servicing the movement is way cheaper than really do it, and only a few people can tell the difference. :(

My last purchase, a Rolex Sub from the cartel, was quite dry and the watch actually stopped working. I'd like to have next watch pre-service this time. :P

I do not trust too much in waterproofing though. This has more to do with the crystal itself than with adding more seals.

Edited by rober100

Wiz
Not servicing the movement is way cheaper than really do it, and only a few people can tell the difference. :(

My last purchase, a Rolex Sub from the cartel, was quite dry and the watch actually stopped working. I'd like to have next watch pre-service this time. :P

I do not trust too much in waterproofing though. This has more to do with the crystal itself than with adding more seals.

Send it to one of the trusted modders instead, you'll be sure to get your money's worth.

midasmook

If you could be sure it was actually being done I suppose it would be a good idea. Otherwise it's just taking money for doing nothing.

rober100
Send it to one of the trusted modders instead, you'll be sure to get your money's worth.

That sounds like a good plan too :(

rober100
If you could be sure it was actually being done I suppose it would be a good idea. Otherwise it's just taking money for doing nothing.

Well, I'd like to think a RWG trusted dealer is still trusty. :(

Luthier

Service from dropshippers??? Are you kidding???

:rofl:

@rober100 - good luck with buys from cartel.

Just curious... why people never learn?

;)

ThinkBachs

Support your Trusted Dealers and Watchsmiths! These guys work hard to be there for us, we should always be there for them. Besides, I wouldn't purchase a watch from any place that has to add "additional seals" to make it water resistant. Seals should be greased, adding more seals doesn't make them better. :rofl:

rober100
@rober100 - good luck with buys from cartel.

Just curious... why people never learn?

What do I have to learn? My last purchase came from a trusted dealer. I was only asking for pre-services prices.

nunu78

Robert is the way to go for pre serviced movement.

AustinTech

Robert's probably the only dealer I'd trust with the pre-servicing of movements. Cartel guys like Trusty? Nah man.

Dendo
Robert's probably the only dealer I'd trust with the pre-servicing of movements. Cartel guys like Trusty? Nah man.

+1

pamelo

Mike Mcnair could probably do it.

kolchak
Mike Mcnair could probably do it.

Yeah but can he re-lub with 5 different types of Swiss imported movement lubricant?

Seriously, I'd pick Mike anyday of the week

opus9

That sounds like a good plan too :notworthy:

+1 I have sent my dssd to Kenny.Even though I was told prior to receiving it, that it had been waterproof tested and serviced.As I want to be sure and as the modders can service/waterproof (6 ATM) and stick a bit of decent lume,it's a far better option..and works out better in the long run,just for peace of mind.

regards

opus9

prestigewatchco

Right I have just asked my guy and apparently we use only oil prepared from virgins juice and the seals are greased with KY jelly

has anyone seen the seals on a Cartier they are perfectly shaped to the watch not a round seal so I would guess the only better seals would be Gen . Now regardless of what anyone says it would be a massive leap of faith if you were to believe they were using Gen seals

I feel guilty about charging $35 for servicing these new SW200 in over 300 we have serviced not one has really needed it they have in the main been withing a few seconds a day and with oil from factory

mulder
Right I have just asked my guy and apparently we use only oil prepared from virgins juice and the seals are greased with KY jelly

has anyone seen the seals on a Cartier they are perfectly shaped to the watch not a round seal so I would guess the only better seals would be Gen . Now regardless of what anyone says it would be a massive leap of faith if you were to believe they were using Gen seals

I feel guilty about charging $35 for servicing these new SW200 in over 300 we have serviced not one has really needed it they have in the main been withing a few seconds a day and with oil from factory

:notworthy:

greg_r

Not only is it expensive, but I'd have little faith in the quality of the work. For pre-servicing, Robert's the guy.

narikaa

A leap of faith for you the buyer, and a massive leap of faith for a Chinese dealer

Assuming that the dealer is straight about the service.....he isnt actually doing it though (he is of course taking a handsome 'commission' for arranging it) and therein lies the rub

"Here - Mr underpaid & overworked Chinese screwdriver jockey - is another bundle of watches to service, get them all done and your family can eat again this week"

"Yes but if I put them in the draw and carry on fitting new batteries and straps instead, & tell you Ive done them - we can eat and maybe get shoes for the children too"

Member X

Narikaa has hit the nail on the head!

greg_r
Narikaa has hit the nail on the head!

+1

Pob

+1 for what Narika said :lol:

And I trust only Robert :)