Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

Panerai 10 day GMT in RG from watcheden.com

theflyingdutchman

Good day,

here a quick review of my first order for an Panerai 10 day, with a independently adjustable GMT hand in RG (31110) with the request to have a strap fitted from an other PAM from watcheden.com (Sarah).

Here the timeline:

1. 25th.06 placed order and wanted to pay via Westernunion

2. 26th.06 received data for Westernunion via email

3. 27th.06 paid order and sent code

4. 28th.06 Email from Sarah, that there was a code mistake in my confirmation email. The The order code I had sent and the watch description did not fit together. I sent a email back and explained the issue

5. 29th.06 Money was picked up by her

6. 02nd.07 received an email with the tracking code

7. 08th.07 – 10:00 watched arrived well packed in a surprise packed parcel

8. 08th.07 – 10:03 on my wrist!

Overall I am happy with this purchase for 168 USD, even if it is no super-rep! Only issue is a touch of lume-colour missing on the 10 day indicator, but this you can only see on the big pics, not in real life!

Thanks for looking!

TFDM

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

houndoggie

Not too shabby.. the datewindow looks decent.

Are the quick release bars functional??

theflyingdutchman
Not too shabby.. the datewindow looks decent.

Are the quick release bars functional??

Thanks! No idea...what these are! quick release...maybe the Rep explodes if I press them...I will try later on!

greg_r

Yes they are - that's basically the same chassis as the 233 that Robert has been selling (which is also a great watch).

P_Diddy

does the 'brushed gold' wear off after a while or quickly?

Which is better movement and overall quality, Robert's or WE?

Been wary of WE's offering by looking at some of their Rolex I Explorers!

What does this mean? "ASIAN PREMIUM SEAGUL MOVEMENT SAME AS THE IWC PILOT"

Yes they are - that's basically the same chassis as the 233 that Robert has been selling (which is also a great watch).

NFleischer

DSC00235.JPG

i like it- i got a similiar one from Josh- for $138 no PW or date complications.

here on Panatime strap

Edited by NFleischer

greg_r
does the 'brushed gold' wear off after a while or quickly?

Which is better movement and overall quality, Robert's or WE?

Been wary of WE's offering by looking at some of their Rolex I Explorers!

What does this mean? "ASIAN PREMIUM SEAGUL MOVEMENT SAME AS THE IWC PILOT"

I think you'll find that Robert and WE are selling the same watch from the same source in this particular instance. Robert sells the SS version for $149. No idea whether he also has the gold version - it's worth asking him. Gold plate isn't going to be as durable as SS - and this watch isn't going to be any different from any other gold-plated watch in that respect. However, treated with care the finish should last pretty well.

I have the 233 (same movement, slightly different dial), but I must confess I'm tempted to buy the 270 as well. It's a damned good watch for the dough.

P_Diddy

what's the 270 look like and how much and from which dealers?

what's the movement used in this PAM 233, Asian what? :P

cheers

I have the 233 (same movement, slightly different dial), but I must confess I'm tempted to buy the 270 as well. It's a damned good watch for the dough.

alphakazi
1-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Very nice Dutchy! Your pics made it come to life - I was never a fan of rose gold but I'm acquiring it's taste - you can't really see the rose gold in the 1st pic

greg_r
what's the 270 look like and how much and from which dealers?

what's the movement used in this PAM 233, Asian what? :lol:

cheers

A 270 is the SS version of the watch in this thread.

As far as the movement goes, yes, it's an Asian what ;).

theflyingdutchman

Hi,

the pleasure and enjoyment was only for a short 3 days. On Saturday, the movement and face started to move left/right by 2-3 mm in the case if you pulled/pushed the crown in/out. I emailed Sarah and in 2 emails had to make her understand what the issue was. So yesterday I had to send it back....

Lets see how long it takes to get it back!

I sent a watch back to ASIAN7750.com for a repair....back and forth includin repair took 27 days with Tony! I hate this part of rep collection... I know this is not WALMAKT... but seriously...defect after 3 days or DOA is #$%^&*(!!!!!

TFDM

alphakazi

I don't get out much so I rely on you guys to inform me what's going on in the other forums - logged into RWG.CC today and there were over 8800 new posts :lol: - I just logged out

what happened to Chris @ Eurotimez

His QC was suppose to be top notch - his watches thoroughly checked inside and out before sale - silicon greased, etc. etc.

Haven't heard about him in a while - I guess no one wants to pay his premium or what?

I'll buy from the top rated dealer at the time - seems to be Rob for our forums...

I recall at one point it was Ruby... she was the queen... and Josh and Andrew of course - they got what seemed like 90% of all the forums biz

it's clear that dealers are always changing - as Robs says "the flavor of the month"

I suppose that holds true in most biz, you are only as good as your last deal - get a few bad dealings in a row... stories begin... all goes down hill - interesting how volatile dealer loyalty is - not that their biz really needs us anyhow but I'm sure we count being a replica review forum on the web

greg_r

Chris was getting a lot of bad reviews for a quite a while starting around November last year. He's apologised publicly for the screwups and says he's trying to turn things around - we'll have to see what happens, but I'll admit I'm not entirely convinced.

Jandrew are still in business. No different from before, really - no QC, higher prices than some & a few rather suspect descriptions on the web site. Still reliable with fast delivery but there are plenty of other dealers I would personally prefer to use.

Ruby was seriously ill for a while and basically dropped off the map. She seems to be back in business and on form again now, however - lots of positive reviews on the other boards lately. Good to have her back in business. I'll be adding her back to our dealer list shortly.

P_Diddy

is this back luck on part of TFDM or my gut feeling about WE quality or lack of QC?

Hi,

the pleasure and enjoyment was only for a short 3 days. On Saturday, the movement and face started to move left/right by 2-3 mm in the case if you pulled/pushed the crown in/out. I emailed Sarah and in 2 emails had to make her understand what the issue was. So yesterday I had to send it back....

I sent a watch back to ASIAN7750.com for a repair....back and forth includin repair took 27 days with Tony! I hate this part of rep collection... I know this is not WALMAKT... but seriously...defect after 3 days or DOA is #$%^&*(!!!!!

TFDM

greg_r

I must confess I'm getting a similar feeling about WE lately, but this is, I think, just one of those things. Sounds like a simple fix - just the movement being a little loose.

P_Diddy

:) who is Lawrence and House of Souvenirs?

is he on this forum and where can I find his 'offerings' :)

I must confess I'm getting a similar feeling about WE lately, but this is, I think, just one of those things. Sounds like a simple fix - just the movement being a little loose.

greg_r
:) who is Lawrence and House of Souvenirs?

is he on this forum and where can I find his 'offerings' :)

You'll find Lawrence and our other dealers in the trusted dealer list linked from the top of every page. www.houseofsouvenirs.com should get you there, though :Jumpy:

Lawrence is also a member here - he hasn't been dropping by as much lately, but he's one of the good guys :Jumpy:

theflyingdutchman
is this back luck on part of TFDM or my gut feeling about WE quality or lack of QC?

Hi,

TFDM

I do not know, I have bad luck lately 3/5 reps ...and makes me very #$%^&*()

Drhulee

How is the exchange going, have you received your replacement yet?

theflyingdutchman

The watch is on its way back and should be here in 7-10 days! The follow up from WE was good, confirmed that it has arrived, that thay had repaired it (we will see!) and that it was sent out...all of this took place within 3 weeks.....update follows!

theflyingdutchman

Normally it is, but not on this one... the screws where tight an still moved left an right if you pulled/pushed the crown....

theflyingdutchman

The watch is on its way back and should be here in 7-10 days! The follow up from WE was good, confirmed that it has arrived, that thay had repaired it (we will see!) and that it was sent out...all of this took place within 3 weeks.....update follows!

Hi!

I just recieved a fully new watch back. To my surprise it was shipped with TNT and arrived here with 7 days. I will test ware it, but from what I can see, it has no issues anymore!

TFDM