GenTLe

Heavy discounts on Timex Italian website - WAIT, possible fraud!

GenTLe

DO NOT PROCEED. It may be a scam fake site...

Hi chaps,

so that you know there are good sales here (I suppose you can order from all over EU): https://www.timexitalia.com/collections/orologi-c-1.html

I got one, this below.

Normal price:

HIDtgo.jpeg

What I paid:

HIDPeS.jpeg

Not bad :)

It should have a pretty interesting dial (and finally I add a California dial to my collection):

Timex Marlin California Watch Review — MTR Watches

• Like 1

G_sus

Oh man, been looking for this exact piece too :(

• Like 1

GingerApple

I hope you paid by credit card!

FudgyDocker

Hmmm, site is down....

deju

@GenTLe I've warned you before about those Italian's :rofl:

Do you think it's a similar scam to the “Supreme Italia” where it's trade marked so they sell knock offs or do you think you'll not receive anything? 

• Like 1

GenTLe
13 hours ago, GingerHuw said:

I hope you paid by credit card!

Yep, problem is that here you can't do chargeback, but you have to signal the transaction AND delete your CC to stop it. So I had to do that. Good thing is that I've another card (bancomat/maestro, aka debit card) so I still can use that while I wait the month needed to get a new Visa...

Fact is last Xmas I got a nice GEN Airman 24h from Glycine european site, which also has around 50% discount (also now: from 1800 to 900€ for it) and I thought this was something similar as it is presented as "official Timex site for Italy", and CC was correctly processed through my app with all the normal security processes.

BUT... Then I noticed:

1. the confirmation mail was in English and coming from a totally unrelated site (service11 <[email protected]> with Reply-To: [email protected])
  2. the CC card entry was from yet a different site named "theworldgoods.com" and the only references about this site is with terrible reviews from Trustpilot, about a scam on some shoes brand (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.keenfootwear.com)
  3. The privacy part of the site didn't really make sense, the data manager address is "XXXXXxxxxxxx"ed and they refer to YET a different site, that looks like a shoes site, for the data treatment (Decarocalzature.It.), blatantly copied from https://www.decarocalzature.com/privacy-policy/

12 hours ago, deju said:

@GenTLe I've warned you before about those Italian's :rofl:

Do you think it's a similar scam to the “Supreme Italia” where it's trade marked so they sell knock offs or do you think you'll not receive anything? 

LOL, I believe these are much more Chinese (if not Russians) than Italians, regardless the Italian facade of the site ;) 

Anyway, I blocked the card, my colleague didn't so let's see if anything will arrive him :)

deju
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Anyway, I blocked the card, my colleague didn't so let's see if anything will arrive him :)

Sat at work like :

2e2c97d37eebe5d9b4af2ea31c2c66fe.jpg

GenTLe

Ok, so they have sent me a tracking code. Caniniao (read: China) :D

9C8861I364447

Regardless my card has been blocked.

I'm curious now to see what's going to come...