dansyess

How to choose the Trusted Dealer for Datejust Oyster 41 for 500$ budget?

dansyess

Hi team,

I'm new to this but I made sure to read as many information as possible before posting here. I would like to get a Datejust Oyster 41 (blue or green) with a budget maximum 500$ (ideally one of the latest versions and of course as close as possible to the real one).

I will of course take only one of the Trusted Dealers but there are many trusted dealers for the same budget so I'm wondering how I can choose the best one especially that many TDs are not mentioning the factories in their website. I understand the best factories are VSF, CLEAN, GF, PPF, 3K, ZF, GMF, R8F, BBR, RRF, OMF, AF. If you have any recommendation or any tips here, I would be very grateful.

Thank you a lot.

BadApple
7 minutes ago, dansyess said:

Hi team,

I'm new to this but I made sure to read as many information as possible before posting here. I would like to get a Datejust Oyster 41 (blue or green) with a budget maximum 500$ (ideally one of the latest versions and of course as close as possible to the real one).

I will of course take only one of the Trusted Dealers but there are many trusted dealers for the same budget so I'm wondering how I can choose the best one especially that many TDs are not mentioning the factories in their website. I understand the best factories are VSF, CLEAN, GF, PPF, 3K, ZF, GMF, R8F, BBR, RRF, OMF, AF. If you have any recommendation or any tips here, I would be very grateful.

Thank you a lot.

We have a New Members Section that you need to read and it tells you how to go about this. 

Enjoy reading it. 

dansyess

Thank you BadApple for your reply but I really went through the New Members Section and even went through other resources - it's very helpful and I've read many return on experience from different TDs on the forum but I still struggle to know how I can differentiate from one TD to another a part from the members reviews. Any tips would be really more than welcome.

Devil
19 minutes ago, dansyess said:

Thank you BadApple for your reply but I really went through the New Members Section and even went through other resources - it's very helpful and I've read many return on experience from different TDs on the forum but I still struggle to know how I can differentiate from one TD to another a part from the members reviews. Any tips would be really more than welcome.

They're all pretty much the same, all based in China and all can get you the same watches - I use Mary personally as she's a forum favourite and is especially good with QC's.

• Like 1

FudgyDocker
37 minutes ago, dansyess said:

but I still struggle to know how I can differentiate from one TD to another a part from the members reviews.

That's all you have to make up your mind. Every member has their own preferred TD. So you have to use your best judgement to see who'd be right for you. TDs will usually tell you which is the best version if you ask by email. Personally, I use the TD shiny websites to find what I want, then email my preferred dealer. But you should know that TDs are just that. Dealers. They usually go to the factory's agent in the Guangzhou market and order from them, then sell to you. So all dealers (TDs) can buy the same watches, essentially. 

There are questions you need to ask yourself along the lines of whether you want a 2824-based one, or a full-on Rolex Clone movement one etc etc.  It's all about research into the different factory versions and what they offer.

Bear in mind that, as of this point, you joined an hour ago. That isn't nearly enough time to absorb all the information you need to make a decision, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Pesman

Simples whatsapp Mary +86 136 4063 5509 with details she will see you are sorted. Used her for 8 years

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Left Coast Guy

Bud, at the end of the day which TD doesn't really matter that much. You just have to be willing to dive in. Read the pinned posts, make sure you know what to expect from the transaction process, then go in and be VERY patient with the process.

And ultimately, you have to be willing to accept a 5-8% chance that, for any number of random reasons, your purchase might go sideways, and generally there isn't much you can do about it.  Like, if you can't afford throwing away $400.....well, this hobby isn't for you. I've got a box full of gorgeous reps, that will make you drool, and on the whole, I don't have any complaints, but your buying illegal stuff from halfway across the globe via faceless, anonymous transactions. That type of thing is going to come with some risks. If you're not game for that, its totally understandable, but thats the table stakes. 

• Like 2

GenTLe
On 28/09/2023 at 09:35, dansyess said:

To give you a good perspective about "differences among the best factories" (and how small are the different details), give for example a look at this: