NCRich

Been a bit slow here, how about some diving

NCRich

So I got back last week from a 2 week diving trip to the outer Bahamas Islands.  I got a Gopro 10 which does an amazing job of video.  I did a few quick edits and thought it might amuse you.  First the obligatory watch stuff.  I dove with an Aragon Divemaster 45mm.  Which I can confirm is good to at least 210 ft.  They really do make a tough watch.

H8qVSb.jpeg

We went from Nassau heading South to Eleuthera to Cat Island to Little San Salvador to Conception.  Then North through the Exumas back to Nassau.

To give you some idea of the area, here is the reverse route of a 1.5 mile snorkel on Conception Island. They drop you at the mouth of an inlet when the tide is coming in. The tide drifts you effortlessly for over a mile down the inlet lined with mangroves. Its beautiful.  The end has the boat and a typical beach where we might anchor for the night.

Ok so on to some typical diving.  I feel like this place has some of the best diving in the world.  The coral is bleaching there just like all over the world but it's still good diving.  Here is one of my favorite things to do.  Swimming through clouds of bait fish.  Its just very relaxing.

Ok a couple of turtle videos.  The turtles tend to be pretty friendly here.  The first video is of the Blue Hole a couple of miles from Nassau and the second is a turtle off Eleuthera Island.

This shows some a very relaxing swim with a stingray near Cat Island.

Finally no dive trip would be complete without some sharks.  There are sharks on pretty much every dive.  These are black tip reef sharks but we saw sharpnose, hammerhead, and bull sharks on this trip.

Diving is always fun here.  If you can do this you really should.

• Like 8

als86

:diver:Looks amazing @NCRich 

superb videos !

• Like 1

deju

That go pro is very good! Wish I was a sea turtle, looks so peaceful.

Aragon watches are very cool. Doubt I'll ever need to go to 220ft though haha. 

• Like 1

johnparker007

Man that looks so chill - the bait swarming around reminds me of starlings flying in those 'murmuration' patterns

• Like 1

GingerApple

Looks great, but can we have better music? And less talk about Pickleball.

johnparker007
33 minutes ago, GingerHuw said:

Looks great, but can we have better music? And less talk about Pickleball.

I recently tried to find a place to learn and play pickleball in Sheffield, but there's nowhere nearby - I think the closest was a train ride to Doncaster :cry: 

GingerApple

Fucking hell, a train ride that ends up in Donny. That's depressing.

• Like 1