lap9387

Wearing reps and big fines

lap9387

Hey RWG

just seen a big online campaign about wearing reps and fake gear when going into France and other countries inc the us…

latest thing I seen was on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx0w_pfNWlc/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

what’s your thoughts on this?

they really going to check everyone’s bags and watches to see if they’re genuine when we’re travelling??

really regret not buying a gen omega sea master 300m in Tokyo now

deju

It will be a cold day in hell that they stop passengers who may be wearing designer clothes/watches/bags. 

Yes they may confiscate a fake in your luggage, but something you’re wearing….pahaha. The lawsuit if they get it wrong would far outweigh any benefits 

johnparker007

I'm just a newbie here, but certainly for the higher end reps, an untrained (in the art of replica watch identification) customs official is going to have no idea whether to say with confidence 'This passenger is wearing a fake, don't let them through'... so it kinda sounds unenforceable.

Plus this would slow down boarding, so who's paying for all the extra person-hours it'd cost? 

I do like the idea of having to present both your passport, and your watch when you go through customs though, and the passport person would have a loupe and be studying all the luxury watches :)  ...but it sounds crackers, like the British/EU governments asking for a 'backdoor' into end-to-end encrypted messaging apps - which is impossible for true end-to-end encryption.

Edited by johnparker007
  • Like 2

GenTLe

Not going to happen. All barks and no bites, unless you travel with 10 watches in your luggage...

• Like 2

yawn

They most likely going to tax you for the original article price than confiscate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwinowl

How the hell they gonna know what’s fake and not apart from the obvious looky looky crap. Jeez I’ve been in this game 15 years been on watchmaking courses and I struggle to tell and being honest so did the course instructors as we touched on the subject. Load of bull. 

• Like 2

Kako99

If this crap starts happening welcome to 1984

Horace Derwent

No way in the world someone will memorize and have on mind all the flaws (if there are any ) of all the Brands and all the Reps...c'mon...

This can be feasible if you have a shittier copy of a LV Bag, or somethin evident like that...but with watches, no way.

For me, my Reps are all Gens :D

• Like 1

GenTLe
6 hours ago, edwinowl said:

so did the course instructors as we touched on the subject

I want to know what the instructor said about this :) I mean: did you show him some good rep? And if so how did he commented? :)

5 hours ago, Horace Derwent said:

For me, my Reps are all Gens :D

Same here!

It seems we both buy from the same AD:

Counterfeit-Watch-Store.jpg

Clinical Trial

The French bedbugs would never bite someone wearing a fake watch.

Philiusmaximus

High end rep wearers need not fear.

Those with dhgate shitters however...

• Like 1

edwinowl
On 13/10/2023 at 14:26, GenTLe said:

I want to know what the instructor said about this :) I mean: did you show him some good rep? And if so how did he commented? :)

Same here!

It seems we both buy from the same AD:

Counterfeit-Watch-Store.jpg

No he had already seen one. It was a long time ago. We were on the subject of timing machines. They had the expensive timing machines can’t remember the name now but they were 4-500 pounds. They had bought some Chinese ones. The ones we all buy now and he said how good and accurate they were. We then got onto the subject of eta 2836 and he came out of the blue and said how accurate they were and how it was so difficult to tell the difference. 

• Like 1