andy66

Royal mail ,tracking frozen

andy66

H88G18.jpegBit of advice lads.

So I sold  the blue endurance pro cheapie to a member.I did it like all my parcels(our lass does them all).Bulletproof packed by my lass.posted it Friday 22nd and on Monday 25th it got to Manchester MC,it's been stuck there since,I've sent an email and been on the phone on hold about 8 times,upto an hour each time.

The lad has also been to the depot and to his local office.No one has a clue.

So all the forms and shit seem to be about refund postage or make a claim.I will do the claim,it's upto £150 compensation,so the lad can triple his outlay,

I've told him I won't leave him hanging,I'm not down with once it's posted it's not my problem,that's double fucked.Poor lad is sat and can't do a thing,it's got to be me I think.

I don't want to just claim,I want to know what the fuck has happened to the parcel but getting to speak to a human is impossible.Ive never had anything like this happen,does anyone know a number that doesn't involve a 60 minute wait then getting cut off.Or even the best course of action.

Our gert is on the ball and always does it right,so if I can get £150 back for him,it will at least  go in some way to ease the stress.From now on if a buyer is within 45 miles or so I'm taking it myself.

I did it the other day and met G_Sus,proper nice lad.Good to put a face to a name.

All help will be appreciated.Ive not named the other lad but if you read this pal and don't mind,stick your larva down and maybe this thread will help someone one day.And like I said,I won't leave you hanging,at the worst you will get your money back,hopefully it will be  alot more.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

I ranted about royal mail not so long ago. They aren't what they used to be. I've had minimal issues and always opted for them but in the last six months they've gone downhill. I've had items go missing despite tracking and a recent watch I ordered took two weeks to arrive despite it being sent by 48hr tracked.

Plus their customer service line is awful. On hold for up to an hour and rude staff cutting you off once you do get through.

Fortunately, because you have it tracked, making a claim for compensation is straightforward.

Although it'll be worth waiting a little longer as their 48 HR tracked service is notoriously slow.

• Like 2

tomtom1988

Don’t worry mate, Royal Mail are having some tracking issues at the moment, I was checking something totally unrelated to watches and found out. They are saying that while tracking is messed up all parcels will be delivered. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12592013/amp/royal-mail-online-tracking-hundreds-customers-not-working.html

• Like 1

deju

Tracking is up in the air right now. 

At the moment Royal mail is either 100% on time or 0% its as if they are playing roulette to keep up with demand. 

IIRC. You can put in your claim after 14 days for it being lost. On the several occasions I've had this “frozen tracking” with a day to go the parcel seems to get put out for delivery. 

• Like 1

G_sus

Tracking, especially from CN has always been iffy, but this makes it worse!

Ive had a parcel 'despatched' from there that has been sat for a couple of weeks 'waiting to be collected'  - Checked on the off chance today, and it's apparently in the UK - No tracking inbetween!

Just the game we play I guess

Must be very frustrating in stuff sent UK -> UK though...

• Like 1

TanGo

One of my recent postal shipments to England still hasn't arrived within 12 days, instead of the usual 4-8 days

:picard:

H8CUBJ.jpeg

This information has been hanging for 4 days !

Edited by TanGo
  • Like 1

andy66

TURNED UP TODAY!!!!

This is crazy,I've sent another message today to let them know what I thought then checked on here and the lad had messaged saying check tracking,when I did it said delivered???It said Manchester MC had received it at 5.45 this morning.So why did it say the 25th aswell.Atleast it's there now but they need to get a grip.

BadPickle

Tracking is for noobs 

• Like 1

Junior88
ColumbusCole

Any update?

Edited by ColumbusCole

Redfire1066

Was awaiting a "Special Delivery" 15 days ago that took 8 days for delivery by Royal Mail . ..  :facepalm:.  I managed to catch the postie and showed the tracking history with very little updates . . .   . .  fair play to the postie  .. .. she was helpful and apologetic and found it loafing in the local sorting office and delivered it right away . . .. :thumbsup2:.