deafen

Does anyone still make the 2531.80?

deafen

I see it pop up here and there on the websites that come up when you Google "replica seamaster", but I was told by one TD that it's long gone (and I know better than to order from those sites!)

Would love to get my hands on one, for sentimental reasons, even if it's maybe lower quality than the modern versions. Any tips?

Pp04811

Hi, there were some about years ago, but they werent great If I recall, incorrect he valve placement, bezel was wrong shade etc. 

I too would love one if they were around, although I’m going to get a 2012 ceramic bezel again. Those were spot on!

deafen
13 minutes ago, Pp04811 said:

I too would love one if they were around, although I’m going to get a 2012 ceramic bezel again. Those were spot on!

Is that the one with the "new" coaxial movement, but the old-style embossed wave dial?

deafen
14 minutes ago, Pp04811 said:

Hi, there were some about years ago, but they werent great If I recall, incorrect he valve placement, bezel was wrong shade etc. 

Also, I have a gen bezel in hand. I used to own the gen, and one time when I had it serviced, they sent the parts back. I couldn't find anything wrong with the bezel that they replaced, but they didn't charge me for it and sent the old one back so I didn't complain!

Pp04811
14 hours ago, deafen said:

Is that the one with the "new" coaxial movement, but the old-style embossed wave dial?

No it’s the smooth dial, but with the ‘new’ movement. Really close to gen, I’ve had 2. 
I too miss my 2531.80 but no reps are available. 

Donkey69

My favourite rep in my box and my daily. A very rare bird now and an exceptional rep.

You won't find one of these easily.

Hlh2MX.jpeg

14 hours ago, deafen said:

Also, I have a gen bezel in hand. I used to own the gen, and one time when I had it serviced, they sent the parts back. I couldn't find anything wrong with the bezel that they replaced, but they didn't charge me for it and sent the old one back so I didn't complain!

For sale?

Pm me please

Cheers

mabi

One of these were on sale at RWI some months back and the seller said he bought it on aliexpress - Guess there are no super reps but might find a decent enough rep of it there.

Donkey69
26 minutes ago, mabi said:

One of these were on sale at RWI some months back and the seller said he bought it on aliexpress - Guess there are no super reps but might find a decent enough rep of it there.

Mine was bought new from a TD back in 2006 with swiss ETA and discontinued shortly after.

You won't find even a half decent rep of these anywhere anymore.

G_sus
2 hours ago, mabi said:

I've seen one on DH Gate in the past, but date window was further into the dial, and the lume pip was horrible etc etc. so didn't pull the trigger (I managed to pick up those things straight away and I'm AWFUL at comparing rep vs gen) so I do think they exist but nowhere near a super rep!