Pesman

The Swatch x Blancpain bioceramics are on the gate

Pesman

Hey All,

Not unexpectedly the Gate Swatch x Blancpain has arrived...

4e39be9750416074ef751f7de7dee1c8.jpg

Prices vary from £30 to £120 but all photos are the same across all variants with Branding removed on the dial but not the movement

Anyway I've taken the plunge on anlue and a yellow ( £30 ones,) and will report back

https://m.dhgate.com/product/super-ocean-watch-men-watches-pacific-ocean/913799183.html?invitationCode=ff808081716c503801723974c2ee1215|-|913799183&shareToken=2931004AF5E64F1391F9314635F6C106649A2F5EAA949C0CFCC179845776FC906182843B12D0C1E3CA1DE02B6E7094B8A82184E25F7A457A

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GingerApple

There's a thread on those monstrosities already: 

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

Hideous things. 

Been a bit of a fail this time round hasn't it.

Not that the pretendy omega ones were any better mind 

Each to their own and all that :D

Pesman
There's a thread on those monstrosities already: 

Thought there might be

Horace Derwent

Anyway , the 'buzz' that is around these Blancpajn X Swatch is way less than the last year Moonswatch.

Both hideous, i of course prefer the BPN X Swatch...at least it has a (non serviceable and 'use and throw away' ) automatic caliber.

Sellercarpe

I've never been a fan of these plastic monstrosities. I wish they would stop "cheapening" luxry brands

• Like 1

Redfire1066
31 minutes ago, Sellercarpe said:

I've never been a fan of these plastic monstrosities. I wish they would stop "cheapening" luxry brands

:facepalm: . . . . .. you mean unlike reps . .. .. :rofl:

• Like 5

Sellercarpe
On 26/10/2023 at 08:29, Redfire1066 said:

:facepalm: . . . . .. you mean unlike reps . .. .. :rofl:

Touche. good pick up

Pesman

They're inbound!

• Like 1

Intresting
37 minutes ago, Pesman said:

They're inbound!

can't wait for your pics

Pesman

I see the moonswatch saga continues to get more exploitative for the hooked..

https://www.watchtime.net/uhren/moonswatch-mission-to-the-moon-lollipop/?omhide=true&utm_source=Watchtime_weekly_nl&utm_campaign=MoonSwatch__Mission_to_the_Moon_Lollipop_31102023&utm_medium=email

0022fc34901d545e2fe757ab7d7414db.jpg

can't wait for your pics
I've also bought another for £23 with same pics so assume there allfrom same source..

Redfire1066

@Pesman  Happened to be passing the Edinburgh Swatch Shop on Saturday around 5pm and popped in by chance and the two people in front got the last two Lollipops in stock.  .. . .  :ohwell:

judas9r
On 28/10/2023 at 23:26, Sellercarpe said:

Touche. good pick up

I can kida see what  you're getting at @Sellercarpe .

At least (decent) reps still make us aspire to own a luxury brand. So Omega arnt really missing out when i buy a rep Seamaster. However, when i bought a Moonswatch! Ugh!!! Ok that was also a rep, but it didn't make me want a real one at all.

The rep Swatch is in the box, I cant wear it.

Pesman
[mention=44524]Pesman[/mention]  Happened to be passing the Edinburgh Swatch Shop on Saturday around 5pm and popped in by chance and the two people in front got the last two Lollipops in stock.  .. . .  ohwell.gif

That'll be them on eBay then... £250 marked up to £385 it is all pretty pathetic not that Swatch care...Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk  

9f7e74a7dc5cac75ec2532d0003c7e1c.jpg

• Like 1

Pesman

These look nice might try one..

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzMKqzv

deju
On 31/10/2023 at 13:43, judas9r said:

I can kida see what  you're getting at @Sellercarpe .

At least (decent) reps still make us aspire to own a luxury brand. So Omega arnt really missing out when i buy a rep Seamaster. However, when i bought a Moonswatch! Ugh!!! Ok that was also a rep, but it didn't make me want a real one at all.

The rep Swatch is in the box, I cant wear it.

The folk buying these are hypebeast fashion folk. A smaller percentage will be existing collectors of swatch and smaller still will be people who like the brand. 

It be nice to think that it will convert a younger generation into watches but chances are these kids would already be into watches at some degree. 

Replicas don’t affect the brands. If it wasn’t for replicas I doubt I’d have bought any gens. 

so in a way everything is a gateway drug to some degree haha 

• Like 2

BadPickle
20 hours ago, deju said:

The folk buying these are hypebeast fashion folk.

Doesn’t @Del have one of these? :lol: 

• Like 1

deju
25 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Doesn’t @Del have one of these? :lol: 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7zEqowFQmT-ejPyyuytd

BadPickle
17 minutes ago, deju said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7zEqowFQmT-ejPyyuytd

:lol: 

Pesman

OK, my gate Blancpain x Swatch are now here, so here's a quick first impressions

These were ordered on 6 Oct for around £25 each, shipped and arrived today so thats around 2 1/2 weeks travel time. As per usual for the gate there were no updates on progress, just a tracking number that never worked.

Arrived in a padded envelope (!) Wrapped as below..

e653c9bd43072452a05d5f3a5ac32fda.jpg

ca47cd2b5906d27d1d6295b854fa312d.jpg

So once unpacked we had..

641f05eda97c2b69453333eb09331f3c.jpg

Setting them confirmed that the automatic movements feel as cheap and nasty as you'd expect for the price. I've had a couple of System 51 watches and these were far more sloppy. Trying to push the crown back in without the hands moving was impossible.

They are low beat 14400 movements. Pulling one at random, I got the below...

f5c8feb9d65f49a27f471af30b3ba540.jpg

However, movements aside they wear really nicely. The NATO is great quality and being so light they are an easy wear, despite being pretty chunky and sitting high on the wrist.

Below is a selection of shots...

8ebf036e38605edcc0edbe81821db86a.jpg

25af312efe3425312eb7fa042809c2d3.jpg

45f46b022904885cdabc878d697607ba.jpg

56964b0a09e9e1bb7545ce8a5786a6d9.jpg

a56c5873524dd5ecd6d0029396625fbe.jpg

8c42e3baec9a74a36044b35d7e9724f1.jpg

c6b8f61f79b5672e8a7694d26669fe9f.jpg

ddabf930b92e72d1c1792d521dc4818a.jpg

And finally the real deal for comparison

0a67eb3790ca5e11f111def4b42bf91a.jpg

So, in summary, good fun summer watches that I'd keep a long way from water and that need to be treated gently.

I'm really happy with them but have no desire to surge silly money on a real one!

• Like 3

Left Coast Guy

Welp, ordered a couple, the Artic and the Atlantic. I have the gen Indian so once they show up I'll take some pics side by side with the gen. 

One random question for the illuminati.....how are these Blancpain x Swatch watches waterproof?? Like the water resistant rating on mine says 50 Fathoms (91m), but it doesn't have a screw down crown.....so how does that work??? I guess the mov't itself is sealed....but the stem as to have some way in right?  And if that's the case, wouldn't every Sistem51 watch be that water resistant?? (Checked, they're not). I was really puzzled by this one...

• Like 1

mabi

Never been much fan of these 

Pesman
Never been much fan of these 
Thanks for sharing....

• Like 2

Left Coast Guy

Sorry for the delay, but here's a few shots of my Gen Indian Ocean vs two reps from the Gate, and a few quick thought on rep vs gen review. 

First the photos

HxHjHR.md.jpeg

HxHz18.md.jpeg

Let's get this out of the way....Overall, these are very good reps and the value for the money is pretty incredible. My only hesitation is whether they'd be waterproof at all, because the gen is supposed to be a dive watch and its sort of styled like a sport watch you'd wear to the beach, lake, pool, etc, so would be weird to take the rep off in that scenario. 

IMHO, the most impressive bit is the microstepper quartz they used is decently close to the sweep of the Sistem51 in the gen. Its not near perfect, definitely a bit jerkier side-by-side, but on the wrist it doesn't look like pure quartz and I'd say it passes from 3 feet away.  Maybe that's a more damning indictment of the gen, but is what it is...

When you put gen next to rep, the differences in finish and attention to quality are pretty noticeable however. First, the gen material does have a ceramic-like matte finish and sharper tactile feels to the edges of the bezel and the crown, whereas the rep just looks like cheap plastic. I haven't tested, but the rep seems like a material that will mar easily, where the gen looks/feels at least somewhat resistant to cuts/scratches.  If you really knew what you were looking for, you might be able to see the difference of the matte material on the wrist, but you'd have to have spent some time with the gen first. Some of the nature of the material, probably plays a part in the bezel sharpness and "swatch" etchings as well; all are just more crisp and clean on the gen to a noticeable degree (more so than gen vs rep Rolex for example, where I cannot see a difference). 

The largest single tell are the lugs and springbars, where the gen uses what looks like a tiny hex pin and the rep uses traditional springbars -- ass you can see from the side shot, its a fairly noticeable difference.

The straps (aside from the hardware material) are pretty spot on, but maybe the buckle holes are a bit flatter on the gen vs the rep are sorta bent in or down, minor either way.  The rep material seems pretty much the same, and feels essentially the same on the wrist. 

The dial, indicies and hands seem pretty much spot on to me, though the dials and details on each are different from one another, so its somewhat hard to judge exactly how close they are to gen. 

Like I said, overall pretty amazing for 6% the cost of the gen. 

• Like 5

Pesman

Thanks photos are too blurry for me to tell which is gen...the green one???