andypandy1961

Returning member

andypandy1961

Hi, great to see the forum is still up and running, with all the same great content and banter. I have been away from the forum after bad health ( Covid related) but now hopefully getting back to normal. After a long absence I was wondering what my status and eligibility to sell some of my collection on the forum. I need to thin the collection out a bit as most of my watches are not getting any wrist time and hopefully pass them on to other members who can appreciate them. Also because I’ve been away from the scene for a while , I’m not sure of the value of the watches and would hate to get off to a bad start, by asking too much. Most of my watches were purchased from members of the forum, so is there any way I can look back to see what I purchased them for, because I don’t expect to make a profit on them as that would be unfair. All the best and sorry for all the questions

Andy

FudgyDocker

You mean you don't have an Excel spreadsheet, like @Pesman , saying what they are, what factory, and what you paid for them? I thought everyone had one of those :lol:

• Like 4

fatarms

Glad to hear you're on the mend!  Some changes have occurred here as well, non-VIP can only sell one at a time and only 3 in a 30 day period. 

Rokerite

Replied to wrong thread :facepalm:

Edited by Rokerite

deju
2 hours ago, andypandy1961 said:

Hi, great to see the forum is still up and running, with all the same great content and banter. I have been away from the forum after bad health ( Covid related) but now hopefully getting back to normal. After a long absence I was wondering what my status and eligibility to sell some of my collection on the forum. I need to thin the collection out a bit as most of my watches are not getting any wrist time and hopefully pass them on to other members who can appreciate them. Also because I’ve been away from the scene for a while , I’m not sure of the value of the watches and would hate to get off to a bad start, by asking too much. Most of my watches were purchased from members of the forum, so is there any way I can look back to see what I purchased them for, because I don’t expect to make a profit on them as that would be unfair. All the best and sorry for all the questions

Andy

it’s been a while!

Currently for non supporters it’s 3 individual items (separate posts) in 30 days. One at a time. 

You’ll be shocked at current prices and may find that you don’t want to sell rare birds. 

on some it’s not profiteering if it has a market price above your purchase. 

Advise on valuation is tricky. Depending on the brands there are members happy to help when that’s their go to. 

Looks like you may have bought a few from @Simonix, he’s one of my go to’s for helping with valuations, fountain of knowledge that man. 

• Like 1

BadPickle

Yeah 

Abe Fromen

Welcome back and glad you're on the mend. 

Reacher01

Good luck! I'm also back in order to sell a watch. I'm hoping to find more people here after that little stunt they pulled on RWI.

fatarms
4 minutes ago, Reacher01 said:

Good luck! I'm also back in order to sell a watch. I'm hoping to find more people here after that little stunt they pulled on RWI.

Just a fair warning, you're still 33 posts shy of the needed 50 to post something for sale.  Or you'll need to become a VIP.  Welcome back.

onzenuub
7 minutes ago, Reacher01 said:

What stunt was it?

Reacher01
Just now, fatarms said:

Just a fair warning, you're still 33 posts shy of the needed 50 to post something for sale.  Or you'll need to become a VIP.  Welcome back.

Yeah I read the rules. Sounds reasonable. At least you are not asking for a picture of my face with ID

onzenuub
Just now, Reacher01 said:

Yeah I read the rules. Sounds reasonable. At least you are not asking for a picture of my face with ID

No dickpics allowed here.

• Like 1

Reacher01
4 minutes ago, onzenuub said:

What stunt was it?

You need to send them a picture of your face and some ID in order to sell. Plus money, obviously.

Edited by Reacher01

onzenuub
1 minute ago, Reacher01 said:

You need to send them a picture of your face and some ID in order to sell. Plus money, obviously.

It's normal when it is a high volume sale, like here when it is about higher as 1000

Reacher01
7 minutes ago, onzenuub said:

It's normal when it is a high volume sale, like here when it is about higher as 1000

Now it's for everything. Btw I get it that they want money, but the fact that they want an ID really irks me

Edited by Reacher01

Theduke.williams
2 hours ago, deju said:

it’s been a while!

Currently for non supporters it’s 3 individual items (separate posts) in 30 days. One at a time. 

You’ll be shocked at current prices and may find that you don’t want to sell rare birds. 

on some it’s not profiteering if it has a market price above your purchase. 

Advise on valuation is tricky. Depending on the brands there are members happy to help when that’s their go to. 

Looks like you may have bought a few from @Simonix, he’s one of my go to’s for helping with valuations, fountain of knowledge that man. 

I joined this forum in 2012, and I have always agreed with the no-profiteering rule!

It is fair to say however that in the past 11 years, prices have risen for replica watches, and I'm not only talking about new ones from the TD's.

Is it really profiteering if you sell a watch for more than you paid for it many years ago, bearing in mind that if you had sellers remorse and wanted to buy another of the same watch, you'd have to pay the market value?

I've sold a few where I later thought to myself I'd sold cheap compared to others I've seen selling on M2M!

1 hour ago, Reacher01 said:

Now it's for everything. Btw I get it that they want money, but the fact that they want an ID really irks me

I don't think this is a bad thing. RWI are quite obviously trying to protect their members from potentially unsavoury sellers!

I know is seems to be insulting to a genuine seller, but you have to remember the market place we're in - not all sellers of replica fake watches are the stand up guys they'd have you believe they are!

Fortunately RWG seems to be a smaller, more friendly website, and more often than not those selling higher value watches tend to be known and well regarded members.

• Like 2

Reacher01
13 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

I don't think this is a bad thing. RWI are quite obviously trying to protect their members from potentially unsavoury sellers!

I know is seems to be insulting to a genuine seller, but you have to remember the market place we're in - not all sellers of replica fake watches are the stand up guys they'd have you believe they are!

Fortunately RWG seems to be a smaller, more friendly website, and more often than not those selling higher value watches tend to be known and well regarded members.

I know! I've been a member here for many years, even if I mostly lurk only.

Btw I don't think that asking for ID helps in any way at all. It's just a way to give people a false sense of security. You need to to look at member history when buying a watch. You have to talk to them. Try to understand if it's an honest person or a scammer.

I don't like when forum moderators cosplay as the police. They don't have the ability nor the right to do that.

Edited by Reacher01

onzenuub

I know! I've been a member here for many years, even if I mostly lurk only.

Btw I don't think that asking for ID helps in any way at all. It's just a way to give people a false sense of security. You need to to look at member history when buying a watch. You have to talk to them. Try to understand if it's an honest person or a scammer.

I don't like when forum moderators cosplay as the police. They don't have the ability nor the right to do that.

Why don't you start your own forum?

• Like 4

Reacher01
17 minutes ago, onzenuub said:

Why don't you start your own forum?

Yeah. I'm going to build my own forum. With blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the forum.

cit.

onzenuub

Yeah. I'm going to build my own forum. With blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the forum.

cit.

Forget the forum, forget the rules the owners made, just forget eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything

• Like 1

deju
58 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

I joined this forum in 2012, and I have always agreed with the no-profiteering rule!

Oh we very much take potential profiteering on a case by case basis. 

Thankfully the market decides and is very quick to report chancers and burn them at the stake here! 

not one for @Popperini smashing everything with a hammer, calling it vintagized and asking ££££’s :rofl:

FudgyDocker
3 hours ago, Reacher01 said:

Yeah, it's an anti-wanker tool. Cost me 1$ to register. Can't see what the problem is, if you've got nothing to hide.

• Like 1

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Reacher01 said:

the fact that they want an ID really irks me

What's your issue with it?

• Like 1

Reacher01
1 hour ago, GingerJesus said:

What's your issue with it?

It's bullshit. Doesn't help at all.

It only gives people a fake sense of security.

Even kids can get a fake ID, today.

Also, I'm getting old. I'm from a generation that still remembers what privacy is.

And the fact that a fake watches forum asks me for ID is bullshit.

NCRich

Well this certainly devolved.

• Like 1