HdMAis.jpeg
HdMWro.jpeg
HdMa7J.jpeg
HdMm3P.jpeg
HdMoyW.jpeg
HdMqwS.jpeg
HdMIcQ.jpeg
HdMYmL.jpeg
I have enough of this material to make straps for other watches. I also have Gucci textile in brown color.

I guess it will be of great interest to Mr. @Diluted :D

• Like 1

GingerApple

Looks pretty gorgeous in photos too!

I keep meaning to get you to make an IWC Big Pilot strap for me and this has reminded me. I'm not sure whether to go for a normal copy of Gen or one like this (though that one will be too big). I'll have a think. Can you do the two metal stud things they have in the Gen strap?

TanGo
9 hours ago, GingerJesus said:

Looks pretty gorgeous in photos too!

I keep meaning to get you to make an IWC Big Pilot strap for me and this has reminded me. I'm not sure whether to go for a normal copy of Gen or one like this (though that one will be too big). I'll have a think. Can you do the two metal stud things they have in the Gen strap?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find such rivets on sale. My husband said he would try to make them out of stainless steel.

The rivets that are installed on cheap rep straps for IWC are irregularly shaped and rust.

• Like 1

Diluted
On 13/11/2023 at 14:32, TanGo said:

I guess it will be of great interest to Mr. @Diluted :D

Hmmm, you are right! I have an IWC Big Pilot Le Petit Prince that this would look great on!

gatty

Dumb question, though I'll ask. Did you make this or is this genuine?? Look's fairly high quality.

FudgyDocker
14 minutes ago, gatty said:

Dumb question, though I'll ask. Did you make this or is this genuine?? Look's fairly high quality.

Sorry, that fits in the 'dumb question' category. The original designer textile will be genuine.

@TanGo is our forum strap maker, and some of her work has been lauded as 'better than gen', on occasion.

Remember the golden rule. "You get what you pay for". In a lot of cases, in this section, you get much more than you paid for!

• Like 1

GingerApple
23 minutes ago, gatty said:

She's really rather good is our Tango. I insist on her making all my thongs. No chaffing.

TanGo

@FudgyDocker, thank you sir. This is a high bar, I must try my best not to disappoint my favorite RWG :):wub:

2 hours ago, GingerJesus said:

She's really rather good is our Tango. I insist on her making all my thongs. No chaffing.

Buddy, I don't sew thongs. But ... I can make for you a sporran or a belt bag for golf balls from rabbit fur, and you will already use it as you like, at your own discretion.... :D

45 minutes ago, gatty said:

Ah makes sense now!

:loser:

That might make sense

TanGo

Perhaps it would not be unreasonable to add a photo of new strap  made of brown Gucci textile  here 

K33GLD.jpeg
K33S8k.jpeg
K3307o.jpeg

:D