judas9r

Ricoh chronograph mystery

judas9r

Hd0bKc.jpeg

Hd0x9X.jpeg

Hd0SRI.jpeg

Was given this Ricoh Commander as a non runner. Popped a battery in it, hey presto it ticks away  and chrono function seems to work fine (need reset).

However having never owned a Ricoh or a four button quartz chrono, I have no idea how to set the time on the thing. Do any of you knowledgeable types out there in watch land know where to look for a basic tutorial on one of these? Unfortunately, Ricoh seem to make a printer with the same serial number so I'm getting little joy from that.

Anyhow, I don't even know how to properly describe this type of chrono with only four pushers? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers guys. 

FudgyDocker

Maybe, while you had the back off, look at the movement reference number and look up the movement instead? It may be used in multiple watches and you'll have more luck that way.

I wouldn't mind betting that, as it's Japanese, that it may be a Seiko or Miyota movement. Can't see Ricoh doing their own movement, not being a big watchmaker. Also, Citizen are big on complex quartz movements.

• Like 1

lexidium

Looks like a seiko 7T42

• Like 1

judas9r

HkeTxt.jpeg

HkedW2.jpeg

Ha! I'm still none the wiser. 

austinsom

This looks similar to my Eco-drive.  You use the bottom right crown to move the sub-dial at 6 o'clock between 'TME' and 'CHR'.  When on time, pull it and it should move out a notch.  The hands may move, I can't remember, but you should then be able to use one of the other crowns to advance the time. I can't remember which, but my eco-drive allows one on the buttons (think it is top right) to advance and another, maybe bottom left, to wind the time back.  If I remember, I'll check my eco-drive later to confirm, but that is my recollection!

Oh, and similar for the chrono. set to 'CHR' in same way then you can select which hand with one of the pushers (again, I can't remember which :lol: ) and use one of the other pushers to step the hands back and forward until zeroed.

If you pull the crown and it falls out, it's not my fault ;)

Edited by austinsom

GenTLe

Do you speak spanish? ;)

Maybe with subtitles...