Theduke.williams

Problems with Parcelforce in the UK - Nightmare!

Theduke.williams

Recently bought a rather nice Zenith Bronze from @brang1 in Australia.

I have bought a few watches from Brang1 this year, and all have arrived in record time!

Unfortunately the UK side of the journey for this latest watch was carried out by Parcelforce, rather than Royal Mail.

What a nightmare!

Last Monday (13th November)  I received a card through my door from Parcelforce stating that delivery had been attempted at 16:10. I may have been out walking my dog, but I'm quite certain that I was back home before that time.

This card stated that re-delivery would be attempted on the next working day.

Tuesday 14th I stayed home all day waiting for this delivery - nothing

Same for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

The Parcelforce website states that delivery was attempted on  15th, 16th, 17th and again the following Monday 20th.

I have been home on all those days, especially on Monday 20th as I have been looking forward to receiving this watch, but no sign of a delivery attempt, and no cards through my letterbox.

Tracking suggests that the parcel has been taken to a Post Office for collection after the delivery attempt on Monday 20th, and the card will give further details but there are five Post Offices all roughly equidistant form my home, and there has been no card.

I have tried phoning Parcelforce a number of times, but only get an automated system, and that doesn't even recognise the international tracking number.

I have had to resort to filling in a complaint form, and am now waiting to hear from someone who may (or may not) help sort out this mess.

I'm just wondering if there's a Parcelforce delivery driver out there now wearing a rather nice Zenith Bronze watch, who has frigged the system to bury package in red tape!

Has anyone else had problems like this with Parcelforce?

Redfire1066

I hope that this works out for you and you eventually have  successful delivery  . . ..  I have had a similar jeopardy this month  .. .  I spoke with my postie  . .  and hey presto :thumbsup2: ..... was delivered the next day.

FudgyDocker

Presumably, you've double-checked the address that was on the parcel?  @NCRich sent me a parcel from the States once, and the system auto-corrected my address to a similar road in another village completely, 6 miles away. Breitling's website does exactly the same thing.

Worth checking...

deju

Rock up to the depot, I had a shipment that was marked as attempted delivery. CCTV showed it wasn’t let alone carded, sat for a week as “re attempt” 

Sod that because eventually it’s return to sender. Picked it up at the depot. 

• Like 1

Theduke.williams
5 minutes ago, deju said:

Rock up to the depot, I had a shipment that was marked as attempted delivery. CCTV showed it wasn’t let alone carded, sat for a week as “re attempt” 

Sod that because eventually it’s return to sender. Picked it up at the depot. 

Yeah, that may be my best option.

You can't even phone them now, you just get a dumb menu driven voice that only offers a few choices, none of which are relevant!

Never had this problem with Royal Mail. I've had a few from Brang1, and they've all arrived very quickly with no stress.

FudgyDocker
31 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

Never had this problem with Royal Mail.

Yeah, Parcelfarce have a lot to be desired on occasion!!

brang1

so bloody frustrating, got over there in great time, and now this 

Devil

Just a heads up (although it can be a bit glitchy) parcelforce used to have a good app for tracking, would show you where the driver is and what number you were on their delivery route. I've always had good service from them but I can understand your frustration!

Philiusmaximus

Aye had the same. They're all shite now. Every single courier company 

• Like 1

Theduke.williams

And finally.......

62 mile round trip to find out the driver had dropped this package in the main Post Office in town.

There were 4 other choices for my location, The Post Office sorting office in town (totally different address), or any of three surrounding sub-Post Offices in the villages surrounding my location.

Picked the parcel up at 2 pm.

I live in a small village, that is about a mile off the beaten track, so if my parcel is the only one on the van for this village, I'm guessing the driver can't be arsed to spend the 15 minutes needed to deliver it.

The postman is always in the village because he obviously also has letters to deliver.

Anyway, it's here now, and I love it!

20231121-154302.jpg

• Like 1

Redfire1066

@Theduke.williams…. While it’s been a bit of frenzy for you…..,  any excuse for a mini adventure on the bike is a positive…. Looking forward to viewing the photos here on RWG now … 

Theduke.williams
33 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

@Theduke.williams…. While it’s been a bit of frenzy for you…..,  any excuse for a mini adventure on the bike is a positive…. Looking forward to viewing the photos here on RWG now … 

What?

You want photos?

Go on then;-

20231121-155424.jpg

20231121-155419.jpg

20231121-155439.jpg

And yes, it was nice to give the bike a run - probably the last one for this year!

• Like 2

als86

:daffy:Don’t know about parcel force but I just witnessed an EVRi collection and the driver was launching parcels from the collection baskets into the back of his van !