merrypoppins

Super Newb. But learning

merrypoppins

Hello Everybody,

So this whole watch industry has really enlightened me since my search for a nice time piece. I wanted to upgrade from not owning a watch, too almost picking up a Casio too now wanting something how do i say... timeless. Here to learn. Just a quick newb question to everyone. Are superclones a real thing?  Thanks all.

Fray Jason

There's nothing more timeless than a Casio. Ok, maybe a G-Shock.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the hunt! Yeah there are watches that are so close to the original that if you have both a gen and a rep you need to write down the serial numbers so you don't mix them up. And I'm not even kidding. 

• Like 2

FudgyDocker
9 minutes ago, merrypoppins said:

Are superclones a real thing?

Yes, although all replicas have flaws to some degree, even if they are subtle. 99.5% of people wouldn't know a top tier replica from a genuine one, if you put it 6 inches from their nose. But it's not about fooling people. It's the love of watches.

• Like 1

GenTLe

If you are new then I'd suggest you to start reading the mail and the links you got when you joined, do NOT jump on a watch without a bit of knowledge first and without knowing what a "trusted dealer" (and their list) is.

Also, try to look after the obvious and boring "rolex", plenty of great reps out there.

merrypoppins

Would anyone have good trusted dealer who does super clones (or close) of the Rolex GMT master II? I have looked at the trusted dealers. It seems the GMT would be a popular choice of watch for my first watch since it seems to be replicated over the years. Thanks again!

BadApple
13 minutes ago, merrypoppins said:

Would anyone have good trusted dealer who does super clones (or close) of the Rolex GMT master II? I have looked at the trusted dealers. It seems the GMT would be a popular choice of watch for my first watch since it seems to be replicated over the years. Thanks again!

All the Trusted Dealers on here are good that's why we have them as trusted dealers. Make sure you use the contact details that are on this site and many are copied by scammers. 

We all have our favourites - mine is Marywatch 

• Like 2

FudgyDocker

Please don't use the phrase 'super clones'. It isn't a phrase that is used in the rep community (much) here, as you'll find when you read this site. It's sometimes used on the websites that a couple of the dealers have to refer to the movement in the watch to imply that it's a good copy of the gen movement. Important to some, but some of us don't actually care, especially if it has a closed case back.

There are varying levels of replica watches that you can buy (low, mid and high), but 'super-clone' is not one of them. The best are mostly referred to as high-end, or top-tier replicas. All of our dealers can get the same watches from the marketplace, the TDs are just middlemen that buy from the factory agents in the marketplace and sell on to the end-users (us). They just have slightly different ways of presenting and doing their business, that's all. None of them have different watches to each other, and it's rare that they'll hold any of them in stock, as such.

Shame, I just sold my Batman yesterday, but you don't have enough posts to be able to see the M2M section, yet.

Looks as if you have lots and lots of reading to do.....

• Like 2

merrypoppins

Thanks for all the good information everyone. Good to have such engaging members. Helps a lot.

• Like 1

Fray Jason
2 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

[...]
Looks as if you have lots and lots of reading to do.....

This! Everyone asks dumb questions as a beginner. Just find the other millions that asked the same things before you.  

And enjoy the ride.

merrypoppins

Hey Guys,

As i am learning all the terminology of the watch industry. Is there a abbreviations list of terms I need too know. I have been reading the forum but many of the older members use abbreviations for words that i am trying to familiarize myself with. Do they have a newb list of terms anyone has? Thanks so much.

BravoDelta
10 minutes ago, merrypoppins said:

Do they have a newb list of terms anyone has? 

• Like 1

merrypoppins

Hey Guys,

Has anyone tested on high end replica Rolex watches if the watch bands they use are 316 grade or 904L. I understand it's seems unlikely to find actual 904L stainless used on replicas because Rolex uses that specific steel on the Genuine watches. 316 is still considered high end but has anyone tested the steel used on top tier replicas? I am also curious on what material has been tested for the glass facing used if it's mineral glass or sapphire crystal. Thanks in advance.

Horace Derwent
16 hours ago, merrypoppins said:

Hey Guys,

Has anyone tested on high end replica Rolex watches if the watch bands they use are 316 grade or 904L. I understand it's seems unlikely to find actual 904L stainless used on replicas because Rolex uses that specific steel on the Genuine watches. 316 is still considered high end but has anyone tested the steel used on top tier replicas? I am also curious on what material has been tested for the glass facing used if it's mineral glass or sapphire crystal. Thanks in advance.

@merrypoppins, first of all welcome to RWG ! :D

904L Steel is used by a lot of Factory for their Rolex rep.

It is an austenitic stainless steel, and the factories use that alloy for their reps.

Same thing with Sapphire crystals....you see, solid Titanium and Forged Carbon reps do exist ....904L is not gold, ita still Steel !

904L is not that hard or difficult to make, the mythical Rolex marketing strikes again !:borg:

Ita real 904L Steel user in reps, aswell as real sapphire crystals .

Edited by Horace Derwent

GenTLe
21 hours ago, Horace Derwent said:

@merrypoppins, first of all welcome to RWG ! :D

904L Steel is used by a lot of Factory for their Rolex rep.

It is an austenitic stainless steel, and the factories use that alloy for their reps.

Same thing with Sapphire crystals....you see, solid Titanium and Forged Carbon reps do exist ....904L is not gold, ita still Steel !

904L is not that hard or difficult to make, the mythical Rolex marketing strikes again !:borg:

Ita real 904L Steel user in reps, aswell as real sapphire crystals .

Totally agree, not to mention real ceramic cases (that one is difficult to do because of how Ceramic shrink while being cooked.

And, just to add, there was someone on the cousin forum RWI that had the instruments to do a proper test on the 1st "claimed 904" and it was confirmed it really was it.

• Like 1