Foxindebox

Watch thief documentary and article

Foxindebox

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67608184

I don’t know if you guys have seen this but this article makes for fucking horrific reading. The TV documentary is on iplayer from today I believe.

• Like 1

Redfire1066

@Foxindebox   .. .

Luxury watch theft on the increase across the country   . . .. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67608184

I had someone attempt this on me.  It was 2016, Paris, France while dinning kerbside Young girl about 11 or 12 years old tried to snatch my watch from my wrist as she cycles past me at speed.  Luckily, I spotted her unusual behaviour and got a feeling something was about to take place.  All she got was a bloody elbow and a skint knee. 

• Like 5

Foxindebox

@Redfire1066

I’m originally from London (grew up not far from the west end). I can’t believe how much it’s changed. I mean, it was always a bit dodgy but these little fuckers, masked up in their puffas carrying very large knives is something else.

I mean, I don’t give a shit about their “urban fencing” when it’s twat on twat, but a scary place to grow up now.

• Like 3

NCRich

You wouldn't last long in the US doing that.  Even grandma is packing and willing to shoot you.

• Like 2

Foxindebox
1 minute ago, NCRich said:

You wouldn't last long in the US doing that.  Even grandma is packing and willing to shoot you.

Yeah but I bet the robbers are probably packing too… guess it’s down to the quick draw and how lucky you are feeling. 

• Like 4

NCRich
3 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

Yeah but I bet the robbers are probably packing too… guess it’s down to the quick draw and how lucky you are feeling. 

It can be a deterrent unless you are willing to die for a watch.  Most thieving is drug related here.  I was at lunch the other day with a group of 5 people.  We got on the topic of concealed carry somehow and it turned out I was the only person at the table without a firearm on them.  That did not make me feel safer.  :lol:

• Like 3

Foxindebox
2 minutes ago, NCRich said:

It can be a deterrent unless you are willing to die for a watch.  Most thieving is drug related here.  I was at lunch the other day with a group of 5 people.  We got on the topic of concealed carry somehow and it turned out I was the only person at the table without a firearm on them.  That did not make me feel safer.  :lol:

I bet!

the thing is with the little shits over here, they can be quite organised and work as a group. They tend not to work alone and generally have no fear of repercussions (as you say, the thought that the victim may be armed can sometimes be a deterrent). Occasionally they pick on the wrong target and FA+FO though…

GenTLe

I'd all for "you rob me of a watch (or ANYTHING else for what matters), I'd give you a free 8g of lead".

If there's something I don't tolerate and I'l love to see sharia law on, are thieves. I want to see how you steal with no hands.

onzenuub
13 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I'd all for "you rob me of a watch (or ANYTHING else for what matters), I'd give you a free 8g of lead".

If there's something I don't tolerate and I'l love to see sharia law on, are thieves. I want to see how you steal with no hands.

And what if those thieves already live under sharia law?   :)

Paparolf

Unfortunately it is now the world we live in. Don't wear anything of value when I am out anymore,  not worth it.

Aramis2288

On one hand I like these kinds of documentaries as they make me more aware of what not to do and what to look for in order not to get robbed. On the other hand I can't stop thinking that for many thugs these can serve as advertisements making them aware how much money they could gain if they started mugging watches too...

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

On the other hand I can't stop thinking that for many thugs these can serve as advertisements making them aware how much money they could gain if they started mugging watches too...

You're alright - they're all watching, 'I'm a Celebrity...'

Dendo

Swiss guy said to me in a London pub - that watch you are wearing (a Richard Mille) better be real, coz you don't want to be killed so they can steal your fake. 

Made me apprehensive of wearing even reps in London.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
Swiss guy said to me in a London pub - that watch you are wearing (a Richard Mille) better be real, coz you don't want to be killed so they can steal your fake. 

Made me apprehensive of wearing even reps in London.

I doubt a thief can distinguish a fake from a gen while robbing, so yes, most likely he was right.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BravoDelta
20 hours ago, NCRich said:

I was the only person at the table without a firearm on them.

You knew you were in Florida when...

• Like 1

GingerApple
11 hours ago, Dendo said:

Swiss guy said to me in a London pub - that watch you are wearing (a Richard Mille) ...

Can we all take a couple of minutes to picture (and applaud) Dendo causally rocking an RM in a London boozer.

It's a nice image, I thoroughly recommend you take the time to picture it.

• Like 3

Mystery Shopper

It sounds like Nairobi in the 90s.

Isn't London virtually covered by CCTV? How do they get away with it?

No wonder Prince Harry wants tax payer funded security. :D

GingerApple
44 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Isn't London virtually covered by CCTV? How do they get away with it?

Limited resources left to investigate it. In any event, they're totally covered head to toe - balaclava, hoody, generic joggers and trainers. They're on a stolen moped and/or false plates. They decamp back to an area where there's no cctv and job done, home free. Although all the people in the documentary will probably be easily IDd by local cops tbh.

I thought it was a bit of a crap show, mostly because the interviewer wasn't much good imo. Great work for juveniles though: little risk, great pay days, toothless punishment if taken to Youth Court.

The brains behind the operation mispronouncing watches was the worst bit. Imagine getting robbed by him. Out comes the two foot long machete, he's in your face screaming, "Give me your Submarine-er or I'll chop your hand off!"   

"Er, actually mate, you pronounce it Sub-mariner.......but yeah, not the point, here, take my watch...."

• Like 1

Pesman
Limited resources left to investigate it. In any event, they're totally covered head to toe - balaclava, hoody, generic joggers and trainers. They're on a stolen moped and/or false plates. They decamp back to an area where there's no cctv and job done, home free. Although all the people in the documentary will probably be easily IDd by local cops tbh.
I thought it was a bit of a crap show, mostly because the interviewer wasn't much good imo. Great work for juveniles though: little risk, great pay days, toothless punishment if taken to Youth Court.
The brains behind the operation mispronouncing watches was the worst bit. Imagine getting robbed by him. Out comes the two foot long machete, he's in your face screaming, "Give me your Submarine-er or I'll chop your hand off!"   
"Er, actually mate, you pronounce it Sub-mariner.......but yeah, not the point, here, take my watch...."
Is that why they don't bother with AP?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

I'm going to a watch event in central London next week. I'll end up wearing my son's flik flak at this rate