GenTLe

Nearly 900$ for a 42mm YM Ti? What????

GenTLe

Seriously, this is madness. We are now at level of "all swiss rep watch" scam level.

And no, I'm not saying that Andrew is a scammer, but that these rep factories are going totally mad.

And 600$ for a damn DJ???

They can rot where they are. I'm already not buying new watches from a while, considering that other than Rlx, Omega, Pam and some Cartier, they're not doing anything good and new, if this is the trend, goodbye forever: with 4 watches like those I can get a new gen one.

Ridiculous.

HELPDE.png

• Like 1

Pesman

Go Homages, cheap as chips and functional

Even less reason to risk a rep getting wet now..

But Homages give ypu all the feel plus the WR etc...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

0323e560a92d566e0c38076cf43309e9.jpg3d2396cdd52ee8dde00b52a0b754e7f3.jpgd4dbb67aebcefc97001efdc185fdd9a9.jpg416d3a6de6168e1b571cb4ebcdd69c47.jpgb531c44828781d214f445d172784c87d.jpged3ac5e0d7733c0723bba58eb590b8e8.jpg86e00c9882aa29c9621cd64168215ad7.jpgebae5e6e628ff3bb922723e2e2751e6e.jpg

• Like 1

TudorWearingWanker

I'm just mostly annoyed with these clone Rolex movements. I miss the days every decent rep had either a cloned 2824 or 2836. I don't know if things have changed, but I never heard or read good things about cloned Rolex movements. Anyways, yes, $500 is pushing it. $800+ is ridiculous. Surely they can be found cheaper elsewhere.

• Like 1

FudgyDocker
22 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Seriously, this is madness. We are now at level of "all swiss rep watch" scam level.

I think they are adding on the costs of their losses from being raided, and expecting us to pay them. :lol:

1 minute ago, TudorWearingWanker said:

Surely they can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Yup. Jump on a flight to GZ, get yourself a guide and buy without the dealer markups.

Tammin

Are these 600 used reps much better than those selling new for 200-300 ? 

NCRich
38 minutes ago, Tammin said:

Are these 600 used reps much better than those selling new for 200-300 ? 

Better depends on the criteria you use.  I would never spend more than $3-400 and usually not more than $300.  There is a lot of fun to be had with less expensive reps.

• Like 1

shyreplover

I think the factories and the dealers got an "enlightening" moment during the last major crackdown that people are willing to spend 1200+ dollars for NOOB, VSF rolexes.
Because after the prices really gone up and we practically get the same watch with shitty strap (exactly same shit since rep was 200 bucks 13 years ago), still no guaranty of water resistant, and dry dirty movement.
unfortunately the price will still go up because the factories can't even catch up with the demand.

brang1

yep- it is total madness-prices have been marching upwards at a stupid rate 

OLDBLOKE74

High quality reps are for sale all over social media, twitter is bombed with em.

The market is much broader now and so to the uninitiated $800 dollars for $10,000  watch looks like a good deal. 

Perhaps we shall have a lot of first posts in the scam section in 2024. 

markeym3

Hi folks, wow things have changed since i joined here many moons ago, reps for me have lost there appeal a little, gone are the days where you could splash under £200 for a decent rep.

Personally as mentioned above I have been dipping my toe into the homage watches from Ali Express, there are some great offerings and well built watches to enjoy.

To spend 400 500 600 ££'s + you have to be dedicated..

Have a great day everyone..

Mystery Shopper

Its the old argument- price of a gen vs price of a homage or lesser known gen. 

A decent rep used to cost $3-400 USD in the first 5 years of this forum. Things have gone way north since then.