Abe Fromen

Tudor Pelagos FXD landed

Abe Fromen

As indicated in yesterday's 'what's on your wrist' post, the FXD has arrived. I know some are crapping on this watch for having a mid-range beat movement but IMO i can't tell the diff between 3hz and 4hz. So the watch is a Ti case, fixed lugs, 120 click bi-rotational bezel, no date, delicious matte blue dial/ceramic bezel, amazing lume, and a flat sapphire crystal. It's 42mm and 13mm thick. The two straps it comes with are great quality. The velcro is very comfortable and the rubber is equally comfortable. All in all very pleased. This is a total tool watch and looks the part. 

H0LMgK.jpeg

H0Lumv.jpeg

H0LRtI.jpeg

H0L70j.jpeg

H0LfEc.md.jpeg

• Like 9

NCRich

Looks really sharp.

• Like 2

Not That Rich

That does look rather nice, enjoy.

• Like 1

GingerApple

Looks great.  Any of the issues Mary mentioned?

'when set the time, the second hand sometime will slip.  when wound the movement manual, the second tick like a quartz second hand from 2~5 o'clock. :zzz:  when i don't wound it, it run smooth.'

Abe Fromen
6 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

'when set the time, the second hand sometime will slip.  when wound the movement manual, the second tick like a quartz second hand from 2~5 o'clock. :zzz:  when i don't wound it, it run smooth.'

Negative, ghost rider. All is well. 

• Like 1

BM284

That looks really good… though it was never about the looks… more about what’s under the hood! I’ve had a watch with a stutter and I could not stand it! I’m pleased that there’s no stutter on this one. Wear it in the best of health mate :) 

Abe Fromen

Thanks. So far this miyota is chugging along smoothly. I've only seen movement stutter on 18,000bpm movements. This is a 21,000 so should be fine. That said, I can always swap in a 9015 as their dimensions are similar (the 9K is actually slimmer) and just get a different stem. But we'll see. 

GenTLe
2 hours ago, GingerJesus said:

Those are typical problems of the Miyota 8xxx, it mainly depend from luck and quality control (this is a derived movement so the same applies)

• Like 3

avc0002

I’ve got an FXD on the second to last day of 2022 and I was excited because this watch is for my daughter that was born in January of 2022.

I’ve got the FXD and for my daughter and my wife is about to give birth in a few days and I was able to swing the Pelagos 39 for our second kid that’s going to be a boy.

The FXD has a really loud movement compaired to the 39. I really like it when I’m in bed because my wife and I will try to listen to the watches and hear the differences.

Here’s a shot of the FXD at the Grand Canyon.
And I haven’t done anything too exciting with the 39 yet because of the baby and super pregnant wife but it will come. Also, the Pelagos 39 on the titanium jubilee bracelet from uncle Seiko is amazing. Attached it to the Tudor clasp and it looks sooo good. Both watches are keepers for sure.

The movement keeps really good time and both watches are very different and both super fun.

Super excited you got one for yourself.

7ac98e5e221db74ac6fde1652df2b903.jpg

9d5e7c844683f71a7fffeb26ff18fa14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Aramis2288

The lume on this watch seems crazy good for a rep.

Nice one!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BiancaCuriel
On 08/01/2024 at 03:28, avc0002 said:

I’ve got an FXD on the second to last day of 2022 and I was excited because this watch is for my daughter that was born in January of 2022.

I’ve got the FXD and for my daughter and my wife is about to give birth in a few days and I was able to swing the Pelagos 39 for our second kid that’s going to be a boy.

The FXD has a really loud movement compaired to the 39. I really like it when I’m in bed because my wife and I will try to listen to the watches and hear the differences.

Here’s a shot of the FXD at the Grand Canyon.
And I haven’t done anything too exciting with the 39 yet because of the baby and super pregnant wife but it will come. Also, the Pelagos 39 on the titanium jubilee bracelet from uncle Seiko is amazing. Attached it to the Tudor clasp and it looks sooo good. Both watches are keepers for sure.

The movement keeps really good time and both watches are very different and both super fun.

Super excited you got one for yourself.

7ac98e5e221db74ac6fde1652df2b903.jpg

9d5e7c844683f71a7fffeb26ff18fa14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I love it.

Matze71

HVDr2s.jpeg

• Like 1

C627

How comfortable is the strap? The black dial is just sublime, amazing piece man

On 15/01/2024 at 06:43, Matze71 said:

HVDr2s.jpeg