Hot Little Xixi

What's the deal with the ARF 114300 white dial?

Hot Little Xixi

What's the deal with the ARF 39mm white dial Oyster Perpetual 114300? I just ordered one from GMF but looked at the ones offered by the various factories and considered ARF because everyone says it's so good, but the lume color is wrong. Several Oyster Perpetuals were made over the years using both the green Superluminova and the blue Chromalight but the 39mm Oyster Perpetual with the white dial was only made from 2018-2020 and ONLY had the blue Chromalight lume. Rolex stopped using the green Superluminova on Oyster Perpetuals in 2015. So if you're wearing a white 39mm Oyster Perpetual with white dial and the lume is green it's a huge flashing light saying "fake watch". You'll see that it's a rep from 20 feet away. Wouldn't be a bigger tell if it said "ROREX" on the dial. So my question is why does ARF only offer this watch with the incorrect green lume while every other factory builds it with the correct blue lume? Makes no sense.

BadApple

I was in a local supermarket and an old lady with her husband pushing the trolley screamed out at me that my OP 114300  was 0.0000026 out on Lume shade. 

Who needs a huge flashing light when you have 82 year old Doris. Possibly my fault for opening the freezer door and grabbing some fish fingers triggering the internal lights. 

Chantelle on the till kept looking and whispered something to her supervisor so I reckon she'd spotted that as well or that there were two grooves short on the crown compared to the gen.

I'm staying out of Aldi for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 4

NCRich

I would pay for one that said Rorex.

Redfire1066

... or this . . .  KzE4uo.jpeg

deju
1 minute ago, Redfire1066 said:

... or this . . .  KzE4uo.jpeg

Thats cool

• Like 1

GingerApple
2 hours ago, Hot Little Xixi said:

...the lume color is wrong....it's a huge flashing light saying "fake watch". You'll see that it's a rep from 20 feet away. Wouldn't be a bigger tell if it said "ROREX" on the dial.

Are you insane? I am a watch nut, but there's zero chance I know the fucking lume colour off the top of my head. Even if I did, the chance that I'd notice it, even if stuck in a dark cupboard with you, are close to zero.

FFS, first world problems. 

• Like 1

deju
7 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

Are you insane? I am a watch nut, but there's zero chance I know the fucking lume colour off the top of my head. Even if I did, the chance that I'd notice it, even if stuck in a dark cupboard with you, are close to zero.

FFS, first world problems. 

You have been here long enough, you shouldn't need to know the lume colour. You should be able to judge the watch weight by looking at their wrists.

• Like 1

Hot Little Xixi

I know that 99% of people wouldn't know even a $100 Canal St. Submariner with quartz movement was fake, but recently I was wearing my 36mm tourquoise OP when a guy wearing a datejust noticed it and asked how long it took to get it. I said " only about 4 weeks because I have a great dealer" (which is true) and held up my wrist as he admired it. It was twilight and the blue lume was just starting to glow. He knew his Rolexes and if it was the white OP and the lume was glowing green he'd have immediately known it was fake. Even without these rare encounters I find it amazing that guys on this forum who are so f***ing anal about every little detail on a rep would actually buy a rep with a HUGE mistake that literally lights up like a neon sign. Geez, guys here bitch about the dial colors being a millionth of a shade off...

And Ginger Jesus, if you ever were lucky enough to be stuck in a  dark cupboard with me my rep is the LAST thing you'd be concentrating on...

Edited by Hot Little Xixi
Spelling

GingerApple
54 minutes ago, Hot Little Xixi said:

And Ginger Jesus, if you ever were lucky enough to be stuck in a  dark cupboard with me my rep is the LAST thing you'd be concentrating on...

Lol!

I just got a semi.

Hot Little Xixi

I was just talking with some friends who are also into collecting Rolex reps and they said something interesting. I was showing them my new BP 39mm white dial Oyster Perpetual and telling them about the ones from the other factories that I ruled out and when I showed them the photo of the ARF version with the stupid green lume they laughed uncontrollably. One of my friends said that if they saw someone wearing an ARF 39mm  Oyster Perpetual with white dial and green lume glowing like a sore thumb that they'd laugh in their face. They were saying that people who wear those ARFs are like the losers years ago who used to wear the $50 Submariners with quartz movements with the hands jerking around the dial like their hand when they're having sex. ( So true but still hysterical.) And the clueless bastards think everyone thinks they're wearing a real Rolex. I thought that analogy was so funny. 

Foxindebox

:rolleyes:

GingerApple

Sounds like a wild night out with a great bunch of people. My semi has now disappeared entirely.

• Like 2

Hot Little Xixi

If you're talking about what I think you are just take a long look at my photo and it'll be back bigger than ever! :BrokenHeart: