Homage Thread

prestigewatchco
Sweet, Citizen Reps...

are you going to start offering them...

LOL

No because to earn any money from them you have to sell them as GEN

alphakazi

good point Robert and yes, I was aware

I believe ebays rating system works - this particular dealer has nearly 87000 transactions and a 99.6% positive feedback (impressive by any measure) - impossible if they are selling Seiko reps

I won't touch anything on ebay without a high volume near perfect feedback and even then I'll read the remarks about any bad transactions - you get a near perfect idea of what to expect

this particular dealers negative feedback for the last year only mentions they didn't get any watch and got a refund - they should try a round with TTK

phaedo

But then how many people are going to know if the Seiko or citizen rep is a rep when they are buying what they assume to be a gen?

Edited by phaedo

phaedo

Wouldn't mind a sterile big pilot watch with the same specs as the 5002 or 5004, with a working power reserve and date function.

alphakazi
But then how many people are going to know if the Seiko or citizen rep is a rep when they are buying what they assume to be a gen?

after that many transactions, you know many of them are from watch buffs like us - sooner or later a fake is spotted from either the movement or workmanship

the flybynight dealers always have low transactions and eventually get ejected from ebay - even a few hundred is nothing really - a few hundred people can all be fooled but the chances of 10's of thousands over a long period - I have no problem betting $150 bucks on that :D

prestigewatchco

after that many transactions, you know many of them are from watch buffs like us - sooner or later a fake is spotted from either the movement or workmanship

the flybynight dealers always have low transactions and eventually get ejected from ebay - even a few hundred is nothing really - a few hundred people can all be fooled but the chances of 10's of thousands over a long period - I have no problem betting $150 bucks on that :D

These are not your normal reps these are the buisness. They have been being sold as parallel imports for 20 years even sold at Duty free shops in places like Turkey etc

All the ones you see with big discount off retail will not have been bought directly from Seiko

phaedo

These are not your normal reps these are the buisness. They have been being sold as parallel imports for 20 years even sold at Duty free shops in places like Turkey etc

All the ones you see with big discount off retail will not have been bought directly from Seiko

Fair enough, just thought that if reps of them being sold as gen were so prolific it might be the case in a lot of places.

alphakazi

that makes perfect sense - in fact that explains a lot

I suppose they are basically OEM and not replicated parts

KinCaidk
Thanks to a timely reminder from John, I just picked this up at a bargain price via eBay:

getat_radiomir.jpg

Can't wait to get it! ;)

That is the same pic that Getat watches has for that watch: http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/model/...07250018392.jpg

Who was the ebay seller

Dude you spilled the beans, don't tell anyone else outside the forum or all those johnny-come-latelies are going to bid up the Getatwatches on the bay! Yes, it is Getatwatch. They sell case sets, hands, dials, etc... all the same stuff, same pics, as Getatwatch.... but shhhhhhhh, that info just for us!

did I miss something?

Who is the seller Greg?

PM me :D

JohnG
did I miss something?

Who is the seller Greg?

PM me :)

If you want info on homages, you ask ME. GOT IT?

greg_r
Well done Greg, I admire your will of steel :) , I would have crumbled much sooner...nice looking watch.

Let me have first refusal on that clone 28,800 B+R of your's that I like, if you decide to let it go that is, just pm me... ;)

lol deal, but if I sell one of the B&Rs it's far more likely to be the BR01. Sorry ;)

AustinTech
A nice sterile Portugeuse in quartz would be cool

I'd be in for one of those.

JohnG
picture.gif

JohnG

Okay, here are the prices from Jackson Tse's stuff - at least this will give us an idea:

Hi

we do not have sapphire glass for 47mm 1950s watch.

here the catalogue

www.jacksontse.com

Here the price summary for reference with shipping from Hongkong for MM logo or

Sterile face

44mm,45mm auto steel US$65 up (eg. MM01,02,03,04,45,46,114)

*44mm automatic can be upgraded 1) to titanium US$86, 2)to titanium +sapphire US$110

44mm Titanium automatic US$80-90 (eg. MM112,113)

44mm, 45mm handwind steel US$68 up (MM08.09.12,20,34,85,91,93,94,105,120,121)

44mm 45mm PVD handwind US$76 up (MM53,54,85,86,95,106,118)

44mm titanium Handwind US$90 up (MM40,51,55,97, 107)

(44mm handwind can be upgraded at extra US$25, swan neck clone movement extra US$10)

44mm dome 1950s mini handwind US$80 (MM110,111,115)

44mm dome mini 1950s PVD US$85 (MM122)

47mm 1950 steel US$80 (MM13)

47mm 1950 PVD US$86 (mm71)

44mm CHrono (MM37-39) US$190

All Parnis watches (HW13-15, HW25-27) ALL US$70

We have sterile Luminor style 44mm too (without MM logo lik MM105-108, MM93-99)

Payment via paypal

Feel free to write me for price

cheers

greg_r

Thanks, John - that indeed gives us a good idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what Robert comes up with at sterilewatches.com :D

JohnG

Won this today - it was a scheduled snipe, I was in Oviedo all day, got home, found I had won this, very happy with this for $47 bucks! :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200360478207

alphakazi

good deal - I take it you'll remove the Parnis and give it a Johnny Lube?

alphakazi

this one is from a local seller - which is kinda nice - no shipping and I can go play with the trinket before paying but....

I know 2 things about PAMS.... Jack and of course Shit - so a little advise would be appreciated

http://mississauga.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel...QAdIdZ138873653

I can get it for about $100 US or less if I haggle - she already dropped it without me even asking

AustinTech

Those PARNIS watches have a very good reputation on WUS. I've got one coming so I can check out the quality.

houndoggie
this one is from a local seller - which is kinda nice - no shipping and I can go play with the trinket before paying but....

I know 2 things about PAMS.... Jack and of course Shit - so a little advise would be appreciated

I can get it for about $100 US or less if I haggle - she already dropped it without me even asking

your target should be about $50 on it.. Of course, the movement is completely wrong (Gen has a JLC based movement called the OP XIV), and it is a very low end rep unitas movement. No swan neck, with stuck on stickers instead of true engraving.

I am guessing this is a rep of the PAM 190 Radiomir 8 Days. So this (crappy) rep lacks the L swiss made L, hands should be gold, case is not the correct shape... google PAM 190 images.

alphakazi

your target should be about $50 on it.. Of course, the movement is completely wrong (Gen has a JLC based movement called the OP XIV), and it is a very low end rep unitas movement. No swan neck, with stuck on stickers instead of true engraving.

I am guessing this is a rep of the PAM 190 Radiomir 8 Days. So this (crappy) rep lacks the L swiss made L, hands should be gold, case is not the correct shape... google PAM 190 images.

thanks for the heads up HD - I'll pass on it - I don't want my 1st PAM to be total crap - a little crappy is ok :rolleyes:

alphakazi
anyone ever thought, "man, I wish they made a green version of the PO Chrono..."

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERC-Automatic-Mens-Sp...%3A2%7C294%3A50

damn that green looks sweet

( not that strap )

no chrono but the sub dials are suppose to work - it's interesting anyhow

P_Diddy

where on the bay, does getawatch advertise? :lol:

Thanks to a timely reminder from John, I just picked this up at a bargain price via eBay:

getat_radiomir.jpg

Can't wait to get it! :D