Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Homage Thread

greg_r
where on the bay, does getawatch advertise? :D

It's a secret. If I told you I'd have to kill you :lol:

.... oh, alright then :)

They're known as cust_watch on eBay. Check the Cust watch bidding thread that's stickied at the top of this forum, though - we're trying to make sure we don't bid against each other, so check what others are bidding on and post anything that you're planning to go for. That way, we don't end up bidding against each other.

trailboss99

Hey Robert, can you get a rep of this for me? If you can I'l take it the same order as the other one I asked about.

seiko_SNA411.jpg

Seiko SNA411. One of my fav Seikos. Love to get one at the right price. Are the reps any good?

You have NFI how many times I tell folk that Seikos are reped and don't get belived. "Why would they bother?" is the usual responce on the fora. I usualy point them at watches-brand.com and tell 'em to ask our dealers if the're interested but get told "na, that's a con!". Pricey site but no con. Oh well, their loss!

Col.

alphakazi

they sell the Seiko 5 for well over $200 - what gives

JohnG
they sell the Seiko 5 for well over $200 - what gives

Orange Monster $229! Even on fucking AMAZON the gen is only $199!

;) If they sell reps for more than the gens cost, they got some game man!!!

alphakazi

the rep biz in all it's glory

greg_r

lookit what I just picked up for fifty bucks on the bay...

47_homage_vintage.jpg

Already got one on the way from 'em - can't wait to get this one too... :D

trailboss99

50 bux? The strap looks like $50 worth! They realy have some nice stuff at silly prices this getawatch mob.

Col.

houndoggie
lookit what I just picked up for fifty bucks on the bay...

47_homage_vintage.jpg

Already got one on the way from 'em - can't wait to get this one too... :Doh:

Bravo!!!!

greg_r
50 bux? The strap looks like $50 worth! They realy have some nice stuff at silly prices this getawatch mob.

Col.

Yeah, the straps look great. They sell 'em separately at $40 on their site and they seem good value at that price. I guess I got a $10 watch ;)

Similar quality on the other watch I bought by the looks of it. We shall see what they're actually like when they arrive :Doh:

AustinTech

Does anyone know a homage dealer that makes PAM submersibles or UNs????

I see that this place has a couple, but mot much.

http://www.jacksontse.com/mm082.html

houndoggie

The strap on this one:

662983ae.jpg

($85 watch with strap)

is very good. Thick and soft. Nicely made, real leather. I would cost at least $50 to have it made by a strap maker.

greg_r

....and that looks like their older strap style before the upgraded version, yes?

Looks great, but if it's the one I think it is, the new ones should be quite a bit better (assuming GetAT are genuine when they talk about upgraded straps on their site)...

......aaaaaaargh! I want my watches to arrive! :Doh:

JohnG
....and that looks like their older strap style before the upgraded version, yes?

Looks great, but if it's the one I think it is, the new ones should be quite a bit better (assuming GetAT are genuine when they talk about upgraded straps on their site)...

......aaaaaaargh! I want my watches to arrive! :rofl:

Yup. that's the newbuck leather - they are REALLY nice, just a tad small on my wrist (7.75")... I want more tail!

greg_r

More tail is always good... :rofl:

AustinTech

What up peeps! I am on a flight right now to Atlantic City. Connented to wifi and buying watches via my blackberry. Isn't technology great (enabling). My wife is sitting next to me with a look on her face that says, "you are a fucking addict, man"

alphakazi
I want more tail!

don't we all :rofl:

alphakazi
What up peeps! I am on a flight right now to Atlantic City. Connented to wifi and buying watches via my blackberry. Isn't technology great (enabling). My wife is sitting next to me with a look on her face that says, "you are a fucking addict, man"

classic

JohnG

classic

FUCKING A MAN - BUY SOME HOMAGES BABY!

greg_r

ROFL. Classy :)

trailboss99

jacksontse shure have a fair old range of stuff don't they? Cheaper than getawatch for quite a few things too. Dials for 10 bucks!

Col.

Member X

I much prefer the getatwatch website though!

A big thanks for the previous post above giving the rough prices, that's saved probably 20 emails to the guy already... LoL

Has anyone seen these on ebay? They're quite cool IMHO :)

snc00854.th.jpg

rimg1620crop.th.jpg

Edited by Member X

greg_r

Well I just got home to find that my first GetAT watch arrived today - a 45mm PVD Radiomir homage. Unfortunately I loaned my camera to a colleague at work for the weekend, so pics and a proper review will have to wait until Monday.

This is the pic from eBay:

getat_radiomir.jpg

The watch isn't up to the standard of some of the higher-end reps, but is decent for the price.

The strap, however, is another matter - on it's own it's easily worth what I paid for the whole damn watch. It's nice and long (plenty of tail! :)), very soft, very comfortable and beautifully finished. Probably the best strap I own, although it could use a better buckle. I'm tempted to buy another couple of straps from them for my other PAMs (also tempted to buy two more watches..... lol).

Anyhow, review/pics to come after the weekend. Looking forward to getting the 47mm 'Vintage' model with another of these fabulous straps hopefully this time next week.

Member X

Cool, get some picures up when you can and let us know the areas that you think need a bit of work!

Although, for the money, I don't think we can complain... lol

Good news on the straps too. I blatantly can't afford anything at the moment but I might get an order in, just to make sure that I get one of the charcoal straps! From what he's put on the website, the straps are limited so they may go!!

JohnG
Although, for the money, I don't think we can complain... lol

+1.

No one that I know sells reps of this watch that cheap. Even Watcheden is $108 for a cheapy radiomir.