Hot Little Xixi

My lume recipe

Hot Little Xixi

I'm currently awaiting arrival of two vintage dials and parts to try my hand at building a complete rep that isn't available at the TDs. I mixed up some aged-looking lume for the first dial to get that dark pumpkin orange look and I'm going to try to get a yellower batch for the second dial. I thought I'd share my recipe and results for anyone who's thinking about reluming their dial and hands. 

I tried the lume powder and it's a real pain where I sit mixing the stuff and scraping out the old lume and reapplying the new stuff before it hardens. Everything I touch seems to get hard way faster than normal... So I experimented with this green luminous paint. (It's also available in blue.) I used an old scratched up GMT Master II dial with blue lume and painted the green luminous paint over it. Then I mixed a little orange acrylic paint in the green paint and it looked orange but still glowed green.  lt was too  orangy so I added a touch of barn red acrylic paint which is basically brown (couldn't find my brown acrylic paint) and got a really nice darker pumpkin look. The trick is to use very  tiny amounts of the brown. Amazingly this green luminous paint is so f***ing strong that it still glows bright even when you make it really dark with added colors. 

K5MhB4.jpeg

Edited by Hot Little Xixi
Spelling

Hot Little Xixi

Here are photos of the dial in light and darkness. I couldn't use flash with the lume and get an accurate image, and I kept getting shadows on the dial without flash from the overhead lighting so I had to balance it on my leg under a table to get these photos. 

I didn't use the brush for these tests, I just plopped it onto the markers with a toothpick. If you use the fine brush you can paint it right over the lume on the dial plots and hands. The old lume won't show through. K5MqUt.jpeg

Spelling. English is my second language...

Hot Little Xixi

K5Mtxo.png

Hot Little Xixi

Description got deleted from the dark shot. 1 and 2 o'clock plots are green lume with orange added. 4 o'clock plot is same mix with brown added. 6 o'clock plot is same mix with more brown added. I think it came out great. No matter how dark you make it the glow is still green. It will look better when applied to the vintage dials carefully with the fingernail brush. You can add more if you want that puffy look.

Spelling. English is my second language...

BadPickle

Errrr no! 

GingerApple

I like it Dave! Vibrant. Reminds me of when I was in nursery school and I'd try and make a new colour by mixing together all the other colours, but it just ended up a pooey-grey.

• Like 3

TanGo
26 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

I like it Dave! Vibrant. Reminds me of when I was in nursery school and I'd try and make a new colour by mixing together all the other colours, but it just ended up a pooey-grey.

It's obvious. But, Mon ami, I hope you didn't wear false nails when you were in nursery scho ol and your knees weren't rubber. 

• Like 2

GingerApple
30 minutes ago, TanGo said:

It's obvious. But, Mon ami, I hope you didn't wear false nails when you were in nursery scho ol and your knees weren't rubber. 

Don't you dare suggest Dave is actually a man and uses a latex  doll and fake nails to pretend to be a woman!!!

• Like 5

TanGo
18 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

Don't you dare suggest Dave is actually a man and uses a latex  doll and fake nails to pretend to be a woman!!!

No way! I can only say with certainty that Dave pretends to be able to draw. But Dave can use super plus kotex to soak up any excess paint that may have dripped out.
Cer scuze, English is my third language :D 

• Like 4

Hot Little Xixi

I tried to help others with an idea I had but all the pathetic wankers come out of the woodwork. What a bunch of midget dick f**king losers.

• Like 1

fatarms

Always awesome when the guy who fucks a chew toy with a merkin tries to call us losers.

Do "her" tits squeak too?

• Like 3

Devil
1 hour ago, fatarms said:

Always awesome when the guy who fucks a chew toy with a merkin tries to call us losers.

Do "her" tits squeak too?

I had to google "merkin" 

:rofl:

• Like 2

splke
7 hours ago, Hot Little Xixi said:

I tried to help others with an idea I had but all the pathetic wankers come out of the woodwork. What a bunch of midget dick f**king losers.

:lmao:   fucking brilliant :lol:

• Like 2

RussP

That took an unexpected turn................. then died.

Just when things got interesting.

And, since this is a watch forum

52988185781_4afcbde73d_b.jpg

deju
18 minutes ago, RussP said:

That took an unexpected turn................. then died.

Just when things got interesting.

And, since this is a watch forum

52988185781_4afcbde73d_b.jpg

That's a hairy fucking doll that. 

• Like 4

FudgyDocker
12 hours ago, Hot Little Xixi said:

Everything I touch seems to get hard way faster than normal...

:giggle:

GingerApple

Oh my goodness! I am getting a lot of abuse in PM from Dave. Who knew he was such a potty mouth? Shame on you Dave.

• Like 5

splke

you're my wife now dave 

250px-TheLeagueOfGentlemen-PapaLazarou.j

• Like 2

Rokerite

KU3O9S.jpeg

• Like 3