Sparks010

Gmf explorer 2 Sh3285 damaged setting fork.

Sparks010

Hi all,

I Hope someone in this fine community can help me, I have a Gmf explorer 2 sh3285 I ordered from jtime around Christmas time and although it arrived in great condition, I attempted to set it on new years eve but when I pulled the crown out much to my dismay the whole stem came out and although the watch still works and you can skip the hour hand forwards and backwards unfortunately you can't adjust the minute or gmt hand.

I've since done a bit of research and realised this is a common fault with this movement and that the error could be down to the setting fork being weak and has broken while pulling out the crown.

So I contacted jtime and they pretty much offered no help at all and just said you'll have to fix it yourself, so my question is has anyone experienced similar if so how did you fix it and roughly how much did it cost? Did you replace the setting fork for a genuine rolex one or have they since upgraded this part?  Thanks Ka8IvF.jpeg

FudgyDocker

You don't say where you are. There are several watch repairers on here, and even more on RWI. It may be worth hitting up one of them, for a repair estimate. 

• Like 1