Sign in to follow this  
phaedo

Phantom pam

phaedo

Thought I should make a post somewhere about watches, so here goes.

Last year when Flav was doing a lot of pam hommage watches, I got on the bandwagon. I was really liking the black lume models, so went with a black lumed model, with the 'phantom' text on the dial. C1 lumed hands. Overall, it came out alright - not perfect, but aside from one small issue I will have to get fixed sometime, a nice watch.

Pros: Custom made to my specs

Swiss movement

Great crown and CG

Decent at keeping time (not sure how accurate, as I don't wear it often, but not out by much - I don't notice much if a watch is 2 minutes out over a week, and most of them don't stay wound a week at a time anyway)

Cons:Came with a typical rep strap

Although the black lume is cool, and is the tritec stuff, it is no better than your typical rep lume. Not much that could be done about that really

Expensive - paid around $600 for it

There is a bit of paint on the minute hand on the lume

Doesn't get enough wrist time

I suck at photographing watches (not a con of this watch in particular, but all of them)

All in all a nice piece, but I think for the price I should have maybe thought a bit harder before I decided to buy; it doesn't get worn enough for now, because my work dictates I wear something I don't mind getting beat up, and I tend to just keep one watch on all day rather than switch when I get home, so it really only gets thought about when I have something to go to, and can get away with wearing something that won't fit under cuffs.

On to some pics:

DSC00077a.jpg

Here is a lume shot, with my DSN 113 on the left for comparison (f5.2, 1 sec exposure, 800 ISO)

DSC00067a.jpg

Here we are with another lume shot, a couple of minutes later, DSN still on left, and had now been dropped so one of the hands has fallen off (f5.2, 1 sec exposure, 800 ISO)

DSC00075a.jpg

The pic Flav sent me before it was shipped

phantomwatch.jpg

Actually, looking at this picture, I think it was from a different watch, not mine...

And a wrist shot

DSC001852.jpg

Edited by phaedo

houndoggie

Pretty cool!!

Custom watches are never cheap..

phaedo

Thanks HD!

greg_r

Looks good - shame the lume isn't a bit better, though...

JohnG

Very sexy watch that, love the stealth look. It is what inspired me to get my homage radiomir, has a similar look. Pyrolume is experimenting now with a black lume mix, should give him a shout, would look great on this... numerals stay black by day, scream at night....