Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Who else likes lume?

AllergyDoc

I have to admit it's a fetish of mine, like the goat-thing I was into a while ago...

:thumbsup: Sorry, John, I couldn't resist.

I love my Sead 127: put it under the reading lamp for 10 minutes and it keeps the wife awake at night.

"Put that damn watch away! I'm trying to sleep."

"Shhhh... Not any more, you aren't."

If it doesn't lume, I don't consider wearing it at night. I have the WM9 Sub, a PWC/Rex lumed 111, and the 127 that are all superlumed. I wear the 127 mostly at night because, well, the old eyes don't see as well as they used to and the big numbers are easier to see at 4:00 a.m.

What will it be next? The shine of the steel? Who cares? They're only "Chinese toys," as dave would say.

rc42

Happy birthday Doc :thumbsup:

Lume matters to me a lot, I don't have an electric clock by the bed so have to be able to read my watch on the bedside table.

I've got a few Vaclumed watches and a gen dial in a couple and they're so far ahead of reps that you have to see it to beleive it.

I've even had a go at luming my own reps (the Vac route is expensive and takes a long time) with some success.

The nights are long here in Oz, about 12 hours and not much difference between summer and winter so the length of glow matters.

greg_r

Happy birthday, Doc! :band::thumbsup::clap::beer2:

Yeah, I'm rather partial to a bit of lume too - I'm really going to have to re-lume my Fiddy at some point.

omni

I had Ziggymeister blue lume my daily beater Luminox Field Watch 1888 if that's any indication of how much I like lume. After about an hour the tritium takes over (mainly more noticeable and brighter) so I'm never without, but I get best of both lumes with immediate bright superluminova gratification and then long term throughout the night tritium gas tubes, to me that was just a kick to do!

Beater.2009.jpg

KinCaidk

I have always been fascinated by light and fluorescent glow.

Doc, I have the exact same problem at home at night with my girlfriend....."put that damn watch away, I have to get up early" especially when I switch the light on and off to charge the watch and get the perfect lumeshot :D

I have always been fascinated by light and fluorescent glow.

Doc, I have the exact same problem at home at night with my girlfriend....."put that damn watch away, I have to get up early" especially when I switch the light on and off to charge the watch and get the perfect lumeshot :D

JohnG

somebody say lume?

noyphh.jpg

Luthier
I put it under the reading lamp for 10 minutes and it keeps the wife awake at night.

:D:):D:)

Doc, you need to put IT under the lamp to keep your wife awake all night???

:):):)

KinCaidk
I put it under the reading lamp for 10 minutes and it keeps the wife awake at night.

:D:):D:)

Doc, you need to put IT under the lamp to keep your wife awake all night???

:):):)

So that is what it's like to get old :D

alphakazi
somebody say lume?

noyphh.jpg

wake up in the middle of the night, look at my watch and I ... jizz..... in......my.pants.....

greg_r

TMI, kazi - altogether TMI :D

alphakazi

AllergyDoc
So that is what it's like to get old :wub:

Yes. That's the other good thing about the 127, the hands are huge—easy for old eyes to see.

JohnG

Yup, the old timer is going to need it spelled out for him....

omni
If it doesn't lume, I don't consider wearing it at night. I have the WM9 Sub, a PWC/Rex lumed 111, and the 127 that are all superlumed. I wear the 127 mostly at night because, well, the old eyes don't see as well as they used to and the big numbers are easier to see at 4:00 a.m.

This is for you Doc that I'm bumping this old thread up as a followup. Finally got around to posting my lume shot of the Ziggyfied Luminox at RWG.cc so you can see both lumes at once.

ZiggyLuminox.jpg

johnny woozer

This is for you Doc that I'm bumping this old thread up as a followup. Finally got around to posting my lume shot of the Ziggyfied Luminox at RWG.cc so you can see both lumes at once.

ZiggyLuminox.jpg

That's some LUME!!!! Looking at the secondhand taking this picture took only 3 secs.

Very very nice. I wish somebody in europe could do this quality lumejobs.

JohnG

OMG LOOK AT THAT LUME!!!......!!!!

noyphh.jpg

iabounty

ZiggyLuminox.jpg

Nice, Really NICE! I like the lume on my watch to act like a flashlight as I make my way to the bathroom 6 or 7 times a night....

Greg, can we start a over 50 zone?

omni

Now what makes you think that I'd get up to go to the bathroom 6 or 7 times a night? That would all DEPEND.

greg_r

ZiggyLuminox.jpg

Nice, Really NICE! I like the lume on my watch to act like a flashlight as I make my way to the bathroom 6 or 7 times a night....

Greg, can we start a over 50 zone?

Yeah, great lume shot.

IA for the most part it seems as if the board IS an over 50 zone... - we just let the kids in for a bit of variety :morebeer:

Member X

We like to do our bit for our local elderly community :)

AllergyDoc

My wife told me yesterday that, in the middle of the night, she'll grab my arm and lift it to check the time, because of the lume. Sheesh. Get your own lume.

Luthier
My wife told me yesterday that, in the middle of the night, she'll grab my arm and lift it to check the time, because of the lume. Sheesh. Get your own lume.

Guys, I sleep at night. From 1-2am to 8-9am. Like dead.

But I love lume too. It's beautiful.

phaedo

I like :P more

Luthier
I like :beer2: more

I have it near me.

:P

mad dawg

I like lume and i like stealth.

Putting to two together is a real challenge. When I perfect it then I will post some pics.

MD