watchfarma

APSF Royal Oak Offshore Diver Khaki Green Dial 15720ST.OO.A052CA.01

watchfarma

Hey everyone, this model has been out a while now, but just got this in the mail, so I thought I might give it a very light review.

KnBiJ3.jpeg

With the latest trend in the past few years being green watches, coincidentally also being my favorite colour, I was naturally very excited about this one. So it was also very tough waiting for a factory to release it with a clone movement. But with the swathe of Super Clone AP 4302 movements out, I figured it was only a matter of time. So here we are finally!

KnBadn.jpeg

First thing to say is, there is a lot to like:

- Finishing is top notch in my opinion, the alternating brushed and polish surfaces are done very well.
- The bezel screws are polished to perfection and the holes themselves have the perfect depth so that each screw is recessed the slightest, much like the gen.
Which actually then reflects very poorly on some other APSF models e.g. the 15707CB, which I'll review soon.

another angle:

KnBY2k.jpeg

Another aspect I'm very pleased with are the endlink pieces; anyone who happened to read my recent review of the APSF 15707CE will know how disappointed I was with the angle that they're made and fitted. If we look at the pieces above, we can see they are very flush with the case. Also, the angling makes them fit much better on my average 7 inch circumference wrist:

KnBoWs.jpeg

No weird and unsightly gaps making the watch look even bigger!

KnBnjP.jpeg

It also helps that the strap is very soft, flexible and pleasantly textured, which, again (so sorry to say), is miles apart in my opinion from the recent APSF 15707CE strap.

A new and very welcome feature with the new AP divers is of course the interchangeable straps; the two buttons on the endlinks are simply pushed in and the strap releases. In my honest opinion. However, I haven't see many colour or style varieties on the official or third party market, so this feature does feel a little wasted. What I can say is that this feature is done very very well by APSF. The click is tactile, and the strap releases very easily and smoothly.

KnB6OW.jpeg

To further highlight how well thought out this feature is, the buckle also has a quick release function. At first I thought it was just a scratch mark on one side of the buckle but then upon closer inspection, noticed it was an arrow lol.

KnBIFD.jpeg

One then presses on that part of the buckle and the strap is able to be switched out:

KnBy6o.jpeg

As with all these quick release systems then e.g. Vacheron Constantin Overseas, Cartier Santos etc. it should be noted that unfortunately we can't just slap on any aftermarket strap, or at least not without some modding.

Buckle in correct material, stainless steel....again unlike APSF 15707CE lol

KnBqlY.jpeg

Of course, saving the best for last, the pretty impressive SA4308 movement. I know people will criticise, but for me, I'm totally blown away by how fast this was released after the SA3120 was released, and more so, after the gen was released!!! For me and my particular circumstance, with so many watches to rotate between, and saving the APs to rare occasions, this serves me...more than fine. Having just received it I haven't had time to test it for power reserve and winding efficiency, though the rotor being dual winding, isn't extremely free flowing, though seemingly smooth enough. We all know this is partially because we aren't paying thousands, perhaps evens tens of thousands for a precious metal rotor, though hopefully this winds and keeps better power reserve than my 15510.

KnBBaL.jpeg

There's been plenty of other reviews focusing on the movement itself, pros and cons etc so these are just for entertianment. Worth noting is this is not an SA4302 as I initially thought, but an SA4308. As mentioned in some other posts, the base is the same though there are some small variations. All the more impressive! IMO

KnB1uJ.jpeg

Finishing off with a blurry lume shot lol Very good in my opinion.

KnB8dS.jpeg

Oh and maybe slip in one of the state of the collection...haha....embarrassing in some ways. But glad I can share here without criticism...not too much anyway lol

KnBrJQ.jpeg

Cheers!

• Like 2

GingerApple

Awesome review, thanks for taking the time dude! I didn't even realise the quick release bits were a thing!

Piccolo

Great review, thanks for sharing.  Nice diver collection too..! 

Icollectwatches

I do like that what size is it?