titanle

TD build quality differences

titanle

Hi everyone,

I'm a noob here and had a question regarding TD's. I've been reading up here since the morning and basically what I would like to know is if there's a discernable difference in build quality amongst the TD's? I am particularly interested in a Day Date 36mm and was just curious if anyone has bought one and their opinions? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Thank you

judas9r

I know almost nothing about reps, but as I understand it. Its more about the factory than the TD. Most TDs can supply you whatever is available.  Pic your rep, then pic your dealer. Trusty is a good place to start. I'm sure someone here can point to a good comparison on your choice. 

Don't forget to send us some pics when you get it.

• Like 1

Intresting

Welcome to RWG.

a TD is a Trusted Dealer.    The watches are made by the same "factories".     There can be variations in quality from the "batches" that factories produce.    There may be variations of build quality from the same factory that you and the TD can address during the Quality Control (QC) period.    So choosing a good TD will be most helpful to your cause.  I use @Mary Watch a lot as I have found her service to be always excellent.

I hope this is helpful.

• Like 2

FudgyDocker

What you need to realise is that TD's do NOT build watches.

Factories build watches and TDs re-sell them to YOU at their chosen markup.

You find a watch that you want. You do research for the version that you'd prefer, by reading reviews, and looking at the flaws of each different factory version, and then deciding which ones you can live with.
**SPOILER ALERT** - That's right, there are no perfect replicas, only ones that have flaws that you can live with.

You then pick a TD, and tell them what watch you want and what factory you want.  They should then tell you if it is available, and give you a price. You then cough up some hard currency for said watch using your chosen method of payment amongst the nest of methods accepted by said chosen TD.

TD will then buy the watch from the agent of the factory, who hangs around the watch markets in China looking shady and shifty, as they are involved in illicit activity reselling counterfeit watches. 

The TD's then inspect those watches, send you pictures, you accept or reject said watch. Pictures may not be shared in the forum until AFTER a watch is accepted.

TD ships watch, and the vast majority of the time you receive said watch and enjoy.

• Like 3

titanle

Thank you for all the replies. I was in touch with Robbie and he was quite helpful in explaining the process and the difference between manufacturers.

• Like 2