AlanDavison

GO Sea Q

AlanDavison

I bought a GO SEA Q from a TD recently

looks great and keeps good time…I haven’t really checked but I’m satisfied

i notice if I shake the watch and put it on my dresser at night and go to sleep, it usually stops about 5 am…..so it’s running 6-7 hours

is this to be expected from a rep? Should I notify dealer or just live with it? I’ve bought a few watches from this TD and trust that he will do the right thing but I don’t know what the right thing is

is this the usual with reps or should it be running longer?

thx for any info

G_sus

This is available with two different movements

Whist a rep may not have a power reserve as good as gen, or should last overnight at least in my experience

Was it fully wound when you stopped wearing?  Was it worn extensively throughout the day also?

Answer - Should it last longer?  Yes

Should you mention to TD?  That is up to you - If they will assist, it may mean sending back to China and all the problems that brings, plus a lengthy wait without piece

Perhaps with messaging them and seeing what they say, and make a decision from there?

tonyh7

Presumably the watch has had more movement than just a shake? An automatic watch needs a few hours of wrist movement to get a good charge. You also need to check the pr when wound versus the pr when worn to distinguish a movement problem from a rotor problem. 

AlanDavison

I have been wearing all day, extra shake at night…Dead in AM

Last night, I gave it a good hand wind..30 or 40 turns..still running fine at 1PM EDT

ill treat it as a hand wind for now.

Clearly, I wasn’t getting it wound enough by wearing and shaking.

I don’t know why I didn’t think off trying that before posting but I didn’t. I have 6 or so gens and reps that I never wind.

anyhow, problem solved. It is really a great rep of a stunning watch. Fantastic attention to the smallest details. Happy with outcome..I didn’t want to go through hassle of sending it back for repair..

as a side note, I had a Rolex rep that wasn’t running properly. I contacted the TD and he sent me a new movement that I had a watch repair guy install…easier for him(and me) than sending watch back.

thx for the help

FudgyDocker
2 hours ago, AlanDavison said:

as a side note, I had a Rolex rep that wasn’t running properly. I contacted the TD and he sent me a new movement that I had a watch repair guy install…easier for him(and me) than sending watch back.

So did you not think of doing the same with this one, if you thought that the PR was bad?

AlanDavison
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FudgyDocker said:

So did you not think of doing the same with this one, if you thought that the PR was bad?

I thought of it but I first wanted to check if this was “normal” with a rep first. I was getting 6-8 hours after I stopped wearing the watch…never stopped while I was wearing it but during the night

id prefer not asking my watch guy to replace a movement if I can avoid it. 

now that i see a hand wind works so well, I can fully enjoy the watch as it works to my satisfaction.

btw..still running  off the wind without being touched

Edited by AlanDavison