NCRich

Stallone's watches go on sale

Redfire1066

Sly, he has set a high bar for his watch collection.  I wonder what if any watches he has in mind for replacing them   :Thinking:  …  Should someone send him a link to the RWG Trusted Dealers ….  :thumbsup2:

.....and below my search for my "Movie Star" grail watch ended.  The Timex in my post is the Smokey and the Bandit watch same model as worn by Burt Renyolds.      It;s a Timex 47870 with the Movement 3272 the year first seen was 1972 and back in the day it cost just $17.95 and I believe by coincidence it was possibly made here in the Timex Factory in Dundee, Scotland.     Burt wears his on a Navejo custom made silver and turquoise watch cuff.   In 1966 Burt starred in the movie "Navajo Joe".  It could be a fair guess to say that is where the gift or history link to having the Navajo watch band originated.   Burt is said to have had Dutch, English, Scots-Irish, and Scottish ancestry.    He claimed Cherokee and Italian roots.    All those years ago Back in the 80's I had nothing to go on when I started my search for the Timex  .... ... just a photo in an old magazine and a lot of endless leg work round pawnshops and watch repair shops and  of course there was no internet at my finger tips either.... it was all good old fashioned detective work.  ...  :clouseau:.  .. . .   KXa1Zj.jpeg

KXaYs1.jpeg
KXaO9v.jpeg

• Like 1

splke

i had a timex skin diver for my birthday appx 1976 

it had a orange dial and black bezel and i can not find it or pics anywhere on the internet :(

• Like 1

Redfire1066
32 minutes ago, splke said:

i had a timex skin diver for my birthday appx 1976 

it had a orange dial and black bezel and i can not find it or pics anywhere on the internet :(

Continue your search my friend :typetype:  , . . . .. you only need to find it once. . .  :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

BadApple

I remember Kojak and his Hamilton LED watches back in 1975 / 6 or so and I spotted a Trafalgar one in a shop window when I was doing my paper round.

My first TD purchase :D

KXihlX.jpeg

• Like 1

Redfire1066
58 minutes ago, BadApple said:

I remember Kojak and his Hamilton LED watches back in 1975 / 6 or so and I spotted a Trafalgar one in a shop window when I was doing my paper round.

My first TD purchase :D

KXihlX.jpeg

. . . I just seen him wearing a similar watch this morning in an Episode of Kojak on ITV something or other …. could have been an Omega Time Computer  .. .. or was it a Hamilton … ? I am not sure  :thumbsup:

brang1

would not mind that Bronzo - thats a peach