Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

The OFFICIAL EBAY DON'T BID ON MY WATCH THREAD

JohnG
one could make some good coin doing that full time

I recall your door lock pics - an odd thing to collect but it seems people who like watches tend to like other mechanical contraptions

Yeah, they will go into my house eventually. All from the 19th century - cast iron "box locks" that mount on the outside of door (not recessed) and use skeleton keys, with either glass or porcelain knobs....

I was aslo into old bakelite phones for a while - they are also going into the house.... coolest one if from the 50's, cast iron, weighs 15 kilos, from a mine in Germany....

greg_r
I was just thinking there must be some warez sniping proggy for me to download - I'll let you know if I get something but $5/mo. sounds fair enough

JBidwatcher. Freeware for Mac, Windows and Linux. I use it all the time - great little app.

http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

alphakazi
one could make some good coin doing that full time

I recall your door lock pics - an odd thing to collect but it seems people who like watches tend to like other mechanical contraptions

Yeah, they will go into my house eventually. All from the 19th century - cast iron "box locks" that mount on the outside of door (not recessed) and use skeleton keys, with either glass or porcelain knobs....

I was aslo into old bakelite phones for a while - they are also going into the house.... coolest one if from the 50's, cast iron, weighs 15 kilos, from a mine in Germany....

I think we should make a sub forum for 19th century cast iron box locks - whatdaya think? :)

greg_r
I think we should make a sub forum for 19th century cast iron box locks - whatdaya think? :)

Only if I can have a subforum for antique books.... :)

JohnG

And a subforum for Scrotal Inflation threads....

JohnG

Also known as "rimlocks":

401839-rim-lock.jpg

greg_r

I'm not even gonna tell you what I first thought of when you said 'rimlocks'. :)

alphakazi

401839-rim-lock.jpg

an unfortunate draw back to inflation

JohnG
I was just thinking there must be some warez sniping proggy for me to download - I'll let you know if I get something but $5/mo. sounds fair enough

JBidwatcher. Freeware for Mac, Windows and Linux. I use it all the time - great little app.

It says there is some issue w/ non-US auctions - is this affecting you? Notice any problems? If not, I will try it....

greg_r

It says there is some issue w/ non-US auctions - is this affecting you? Notice any problems? If not, I will try it....

It works perfectly for me on eBay UK. The user interface is less than entirely logical, but once I figured it out it hasn't put a foot wrong - I've been using it for years.

Member X

Just noticed this on the page!

14-Jul-2009 6:25pm PDT —

eBay's made a strange change that will cause 2.0.1 to freeze on trying to parse non-US items. I'm working on getting a fix out now

I assume that's the problem! lol

greg_r

Odd - it may be that I'm using a slightly older version. I don't upgrade it that often.. I've successfully sniped quite a few times with it recently, though.

Hmm - it may be that the problem occurs when trying to bid on non US items via the US site.. Anyhow, keep an eye on it - he usually fixes that kinda thing real quick

Member X
Odd - it may be that I'm using a slightly older version. I don't upgrade it that often.. I've successfully sniped quite a few times with it recently, though.

Hmm - it may be that the problem occurs when trying to bid on non US items via the US site.. Anyhow, keep an eye on it - he usually fixes that kinda thing real quick

I keep getting a log in time out trying to use it - I can only imagine it's stupid work being restrictive again... :beer2:

I'm going to try the JustSnipe.com one!

JohnG

I keep getting a log in time out trying to use it - I can only imagine it's stupid work being restrictive again... :lol:

I'm going to try the JustSnipe.com one!

Yeah, you get five free snipes a week with them - I am going to try some software though, want unlimited snipes, and for that justsnipe.com charged $5 a month (fair, but hey, if you can get it free with software....)

Member X

At least with justsnipe you don't have to have your computer on!

Ideal as I'm sure they screw the internet connection over the weekend at work, and I've not got a computer at home :thumbsup2: lol

JohnG

I will be bidding on this one for a friend, just so you guys know:

Zitc 44mm Giant Fully Chronograph Turnable Bezel Watch (Oris Homage)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zitc-44mm-Giant-Fully-...0#ht_2742wt_962

Member X
At least with justsnipe you don't have to have your computer on!

Ideal as I'm sure they screw the internet connection over the weekend at work, and I've not got a computer at home ;) lol

Well, that failed - they all went above what I wanted :huh: LOL

JohnG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_1548wt_909

44mm Pilot White Dial MECHANICAL Men WATCH 6497

I will bid to $33. If it goes above that before end of sale, feel free to bid.

e357_1.JPG

JohnG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_1548wt_909

44mm Pilot White Dial MECHANICAL Men WATCH 6497

I will bid to $33. If it goes above that before end of sale, feel free to bid.

e357_1.JPG

Haven't you already got one of those?? lol

Gave it to a friend! B) He helps me on the house, never wants money, loved the watch, so I said, here, it's yours....

greg_r

woo - somebody's paying attention! That's a first for this place! B)

JohnG

DAMN, that has GOT to piss people off!!!!!!!! B)

Was at 31.00, I swoop in at 8 seconds to go, BAM!!! Bitch taken down at US $32.75 :rofl:

houndoggie
DAMN, that has GOT to piss people off!!!!!!!! B)

Was at 31.00, I swoop in at 8 seconds to go, BAM!!! Bitch taken down at US $32.75 :rofl:

Good job!