Sign in to follow this  
niklas

BK'S CERAMIC BLACK SUB

niklas

Hello Guys,

I finally got my hands on one of BK's replica's and It's a really good. The one I'm referring to is this one.

The watch seem very solid and has kept time very well so far. I haven't had an opportunity to take a look at the movement, but it sweeps very fluently.

It has a weight of 140g, so a bit more than the original actually. Source.

The crystal is aligned perfectly with the bezel that shines a very bright black. The bracelet feels very solid as well and the "glide-lock" clasp works great.

In my opinion the only thing about this watch that reveals it's a fake, is that the laser engraved Rolex crown (at six) isn't aligned properly - Which on a black dial stands out at closer inspection.

Anyway it's a great watch. Below I've uploaded some pictures of the actual watch. If you have any questions, or anything specific you would like take a closer look at - Please tell.

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

IMG_6883.jpg

IMG_6897.jpg

Best Regards

houndoggie

that's a BK????

It looks like no QC was done on it.

The crown should have be lined up, even if that cyclops had to have been reinstalled.

Also, the 6 o'clock marker is crooked.

Sorry to have to point those issues out.

agntkerr

I noticed the same HD. Very unlike BK for sure. It's almost like the dial needs to be rotated slightly and the bezel realigned after.

niklas
that's a BK????

The crown should have be lined up, even if that cyclops had to have been reinstalled.

Yes it's a BK.

I haven't seen one of his reps before, so I'm glad that you're pointing it out. I see what you mean, the six hour marker is definitely completely off. Damn :D

houndoggie
that's a BK????

Yes it's a BK.

I haven't seen one of his reps before, so I'm glad that you're pointing it out. I see what you mean, the six hour marker is definitely completely off. Damn :D

I also noticed that the datefont seems thin and it doesn't seem centered in the window.

See his picture here:

IMG_7048.jpg

Nicely centered and a bit bolder text.

If you are paying for a premium on a BK watch, it better damn well be a premium product.

niklas

I see. It's obviously completely different :(

cobn

you haven't bought it right from BK, dont you?

dingle
I see. It's obviously completely different :(

Send him a PM and a link to this thread. Let me know if you need any assistance. This needs to be made right :)

niklas
you haven't bought it right from BK, dont you?

I've bought it directly from BK himself. Picked it up at my hotel while I was in the states last week

Send him a PM and a link to this thread. Let me know if you need any assistance. This needs to be made right :(

Thank you. I really appreciate it!

tsomers

The 20 doesn't look like his overlay. I could be wrong, I know little.

dingle
Did you buy this from BK or second hand?

I've bought it directly from BK himself.

tsomers
Did you buy this from BK or second hand?

I've bought it directly from BK himself.

Thanks Ding, I just keep my windows open too long before I asked the question.

flottiglia

Not so good for $380,it looks like one that has escaped all the BK upgrades,does the rehaut line up ?

bklm1234

Guys,

How the cyclop looks wrt to the date window is more the angle of the pic thing. Notice this pic the cyclop looks good and different from the rest of the pics because it's taken from a higher angle.

IMG_6883.jpg

My priority is to line up the cyclop to the date window, the etched crown may therefore not be perfectly at 6. Which is more important? If I had to reglue every cyclop to get the perfect cyclop/etched crown relationship, the price wouldn't be $380. As it is, I already put in a lot of mod work in this offering.

It is my DWO. The noob one has much bigger dates.

All the pics are taken from a lower angle. If it's more square on, "20" will appear higher. In addition, the DWO is glued on in a best fit effort. ETA datewheels are not all even for every date. Even Rolex's aren't. I can't make every date centered in the date window, just physically not possible.

bk