After the sandpaper attack:

aa7f5e26.jpg

2b86a83a.jpg

d2d7cd6d.jpg

b7417919.jpg

65b41f19.jpg

888d6f90.jpg

AustinTech

Much much better. nice pics also...macro lens?

houndoggie

100mm Canon Macro lens.

JohnG

Perfect! I have a thing about cg pins - it is (to me) the easiest thing to spot. The gens I see when window shopping have completely flush pins, can hardly tell they are there, certainly no reflected light from a raised, recessed or slightly rounded pin.

The other stuff is harder to see, but the pin is a bigger tell. Basically if you can see it from more than a meter away, something is wrong in Paneraiville.

alphakazi

nice job and pics - forum went down for an hour or more - iz getting worried - probably server maintenance of some sort

JohnG
nice job and pics - forum went down for an hour or more - iz getting worried - probably server maintenance of some sort

No it was fine. You were abducted by aliens, that's all. Check behind your ears for weird markings.

alphakazi

WTF, how did I order 23 watches within that same time frame? everything is just a blur...

greg_r

Nice work, HD. That's one of the best Fiddys I've seen...

houndoggie

thx all. It is fun to work over the CGs. I can't wait to get my new replimages so I can sandpaper the CGs!!

I will need to send the fiddy to my "guy" to completely remove the AR (it's partially removed) and to further refine the CP. It's a tall CP, but it still looks recessed. I think by shaving the tube of the minute hand a little, it will be perfect... Then I'll sell it for $1700!!!

P_Diddy

I'll consider buying it :rolleyes:

why does the collar guard look rusty in one of the pics?

thx all. It is fun to work over the CGs. I can't wait to get my new replimages so I can sandpaper the CGs!!

I will need to send the fiddy to my "guy" to completely remove the AR (it's partially removed) and to further refine the CP. It's a tall CP, but it still looks recessed. I think by shaving the tube of the minute hand a little, it will be perfect... Then I'll sell it for $1700!!!

greg_r

ah, but it's genuine vintage Panerai rust. Increases the value, don'tcha know :rolleyes:

(appears to be a trick of the light)