Sign in to follow this  
SB56667

Movement buying binge

SB56667

So until this afternoon, I had 3 1/2 vintage builds in progress -- 3 for real, 1 I'm wearing but continue to tinker with -- but none of them yet had a vintage movement in it or clearly destined for it.

Still, I thought, how much does the movement matter? The dials, the hands, the cases: that's what defines the look 99% of the time. That's what I should be focusing on.

Then a buddy on Homage Forum asked what movement I had in my 45mm Rad build, and I had an attack of conscience. And, of course, I was already looking for an excuse to buy some more parts. :)

So here's what I came away from the Bay with tonight:

KGrHqQOKiE3iOMRFJBOFSt4wFWQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKp0E3uZ2ByBOFSuujzrQ0_3.jpg

KGrHqQOKjgE4h2n6B3HBOJ1O2BD42_3.jpg

KGrHqEOKnQE4Ld4i9PYBOJ1O24vrQ2_3.jpg

Both apparently running well, both 37mm, which means they should fit 45mm Rads and mini Fiddy cases, yes?

Thoughts? Anybody recognize anything?

Member X

Well, they look sweet whether they fit or not :D lol

greg_r

Oh very nice. Yes, should fit Panerai-style cases, I guess.

Oddly, I just picked up a Molnija pocket watch yesterday... although in my case it's a possible solution to get an existing watch running again...

SB56667
Oh very nice. Yes, should fit Panerai-style cases, I guess.

Oddly, I just picked up a Molnija pocket watch yesterday... although in my case it's a possible solution to get an existing watch running again...

Which one did you get, 3601 or 3602? I've got one of each, though the 3601 is much prettier:

IMG_0515.jpg

gB.

:o Is your Rolerai on the frits....?

:)

dingle

Awesome pick ups. Be sure to read the mod on the canon pin thread on HF.........

:lol:

SB56667
Awesome pick ups. Be sure to read the mod on the canon pin thread on HF.........

;)

Thanks, Dingle! Yep, I have a feeling I'm about to enter a whole new world of tutorials with these things... :lol:

P4GTR

Beaut's!