Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Rolex Deep Sea 'lite' (or something like that)

greg_r

This one of two watches I bought from TTK along with a Cartier for the missus.

It's a Rolex DeepSea built into the same case as used for the more upmarket rep, but running a 21j rather than an ETA. Other than the movement, the primary difference is with the bracelet - it is a simple clasp rather than the more complicated glidelock version found on the more expensive version (see AllergyDoc's review for details).

Other than that, the watch looks fabulous. The bezel has a very positive 'click' action, the crown screws down securely without any suggestion of being about to cross-thread and the dial is crisp and clear (albeit the lume is weak and the wrong colour). The rehaut is also well-defined; more so than some other Rolex reps that I've seen. Engraving on the back of the watch is very crisp and well done, although this is a one-piece back rather than the correct two-piece. Overall, there's little about this watch that would shout 'rep' to anyone but an expert (other than it being a Rolex, of course :lol: )

The watch is big for a Rolex at 43mm, but wears smaller. It feels quite a lot smaller than my 44mm B&R BR02 and WAY smaller than a 44mm PAM. It does feel a little larger than my TAG Grand Carrera, however. I've always liked Rolex watches, but the smaller size of the majority of models has led me away to other things. This one, however, I can see getting a lot of wrist time. It's very comfortable and just feels 'right' on my wrist. The bracelet is a good length - to the point that I had to remove 3 links for it to fit me.

The watch came wrapped in a soft polishing cloth and inside a cloth bag. TTK does QC on every watch he sells and it shows - both this and the Cartier are absolute perfection - no niggles of any sort. Delivery time from despatch was a week (airmail). Total time for the transaction was just under a month.

I'm very pleased with the transaction and will likely be buying from TTK again.

Anyway, without further ado, here are the photos:

rolexsdds.jpg

rolexsdds_3.jpg

rolexsdds_bk.jpg

rolexsdds_w.jpg

oscarmadfish

oscar likes :lol:

it needs a black and white nato strap

greg_r
it needs a black and white nato strap

borrowed this from John... it's the only possible response.

Blasphemer.jpg

oscarmadfish

hows the sweep smooth or jerky ?

onzenuub

jerky,. it is a Rolex, not a Breitling.

greg_r

It's a 21j, so not as smooth as an ETA, but still pretty smooth. Much smoother than those crappy Breitling things....

onzenuub

It's a 21j, so not as smooth as an ETA, but still pretty smooth. Much smoother than those crappy Breitling things....

:lol::cry::D:drunksing::gunbandana:

greg_r

:thumbsup::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana:

oscarmadfish

my breitlings sweep fine

onzenuub

:thumbsup::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana::gunbandana:

decapcheer.gif

greg_r
piedmiley.gif

onzenuub
smiliecheers.gif

greg_r
smiliecheers.gif

:thumbsup:

onzenuub
smiliecheers.gif

:thumbsup:

Can't see it............

greg_r
Can't see it............

You should now =]

onzenuub

Nice one :lol:

Luthier
my breitlings sweep fine

Mine too, but Rolex is The King!!! Even with 21j.

Nice buy, Greg! Will TTK announce New Year sale?

:notworthy:

greg_r
my breitlings sweep fine

Mine too, but Rolex is The King!!! Even with 21j.

Nice buy, Greg! Will TTK announce New Year sale?

:notworthy:

lol - I kinda doubt the price will get any lower.... I mean, TWO decent watches for $120?

If he runs the offer again, I'll be buying two of the others on the list for sure.

fakemaster

Well the fact you got them is a plus.

greg_r
Well the fact you got them is a plus.

Don't be a fuckwit, Fakey.