Sign in to follow this  
cheapy

Noob

cheapy

Hi,

I'm new to these forums. Someone in another forum recommended I check these out. I'm a normal, working class person, and enjoy talking about watches that cost less than $100, mostly less than $50. I own one homage, it's an Invicta that looks like a Rolex. Some of my other watches include an Android Polygon, an E Howard atomic, a cheap Casio solar watch, and a Tense wooden watch which gets me a lot of compliments.

twall

Welcome! I think you'll like it here......

Luthier

You'll not find reps under $50 here, all decent watches cost $100 - $300+.

Rest is just a crap.

twall

I just got a decent watch for $68 shipped to the US!

I think Cheapy might be able to find something decent from, say, Timeshops or something, couldn't he?

cheapy

I'm not opposed to watches $100 or up. I'm trying my damnedest right now to not buy another $40 watch, but to hold out for something better. I'm currently digging slide rule watches, so if there is a replica Breitling in my price range, that could be a possibility. I'm currently eying the Citizen Nighthawk. Also, it seems the discussion boards may suit my personality better here.

Edited by cheapy

twall

Check out the 'trusted dealer' boards. You'll find a lot.

Luthier

I think Cheapy might be able to find something decent from, say, Timeshops or something, couldn't he?

$68... and you really think you got a great watch? With high beat mov't and sapphire?

C'mon... $68 is a Canal Street quality.

Del

Hello and welcome! :lol:

Silix and TimesShop both do a couple of really cheap reps with 21j Asian automatic movements so you should check out their websites - links are in their sections here. Other than that, the cheaper reps tend to be quartz, some good and some poor quality. If you're willing to go to about $100 then you can get a belter of a Breitling B01 Chronomat from PrestigeWatchCo - check out my collection to see a wrist shot of it - link is in my signature. :jingoism:

cheapy

What are the general feelings on Invicta here? I just found an Invicta homage to the Citizen Nighthawk.

twall

$68... and you really think you got a great watch? With high beat mov't and sapphire?

C'mon... $68 is a Canal Street quality.

I did not, Luthier, say I got the best watch in repdom. I simply said a watch that is at least Alpha quality can be had for an Alpha price. Some of us just want it to tell time, and say 'Rolex", and do a decent job at both. If that is Canal St. - I only live about 8 hours away......My rep tells good time. Isn't that the bottom line for a watch? Not BPM or sapphire. DOES - IT - TELL THE - TIME?

There are great reps, which I'll have one day myself, but I think cheapy has said he'd like a WATCH for that money - not "indistinguishable from genuine that'd fit nicely alongside my gen collection". There is a difference, I do think. I do see it's denoted in his screename. "cheapy". Kinda says it all. He CAN find a watch in that price range, period. If he wanted snobs, I'm sure he could've stayed where he was at. Not saying you're a snob, but the attitude is fitting. I like my $68 watch. If there is better, great. But, right now, I don't care.

As Del said, we all deserve that 'first rep feeling'.

Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by twall

Luthier

I would, but with a lil grain of salt. My cheapies time was years ago.

:thumbsup2:

twall
I would, but with a lil grain of salt. My cheapies time was years ago.

:thumbsup2:

That's cool. and congrats. Please don't begrudge us our "cheapy" noob-ness. :-)

greg_r

Luth: quit being such a grumpy bastard :wacko:

Welcome cheapy! :D

Fiddo

Hello!

:wacko:

Welcome!

Nisv

Hi Cheapy, welcome :D