Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

I had too, couldn't help myself......

MikeMcNair

So, after working on other people's watches, I had to modify one of my own. I'll let the pix do the talking...... (all pix taken with my iPhone, so they are not top quality, but this thing looks GREAT!!! Notice in the first pic, you can see the "rough" finish of the Lume on the numbers. So no photo trix here, just pure, awesome, bright as fuck LUME!!!!)

3d738762.jpg

99873851.jpg

b373dfdd.jpg

83c4e235.jpg

3f7e2b19.jpg

c7911ca5.jpg

d815c8b6.jpg

b68a90e6.jpg

After looking atthe pix, the DOTS atthe hr markers look half green and half blue, but they are def blue in person.

Also, I am gonna do some sick shit to the hands of this watch, just wait :facepalm:

Also, I am not done cleaning up cleaning up the dial of the dried lume dust, so please bear with me, this was a 30 min job, in my buddies garage cause I was making this waterproof for him......

(Pam 090, rubber strap, fully water tight)

5e63159d.jpg

I also started another Swiss sub for hardwareguy, peep the magnification on the cyclops. Wonder why it's so big????? CAUSE IT'S a GEN CRYSTAL!!!!!

675f2c5b.jpg

I have about 10 more to do tonight, so keep yer eyes pealed ;)

Del

Wow Mike, you are a wizard with that lume powder! :animal:

MikeMcNair

thanks mate, but that isnt the mixable powder, its the pre-mixed stuff :P

makes it EASY to use, cause the mix is PERFECT. only catch is you have to shake it every few minutes.

i only use this on MY watches, the powder and binder i use for others cause i know they want the "gen" stuff (per se)

PeterWorcester
So, after working on other people's watches, I had to modify one of my own. I'll let the pix do the talking...... (all pix taken with my iPhone, so they are not top quality, but this thing looks GREAT!!! Notice in the first pic, you can see the "rough" finish of the Lume on the numbers. So no photo trix here, just pure, awesome, bright as fuck LUME!!!!)

After looking atthe pix, the DOTS atthe hr markers look half green and half blue, but they are def blue in person.

Also, I am gonna do some sick shit to the hands of this watch, just wait :P

Also, I am not done cleaning up cleaning up the dial of the dried lume dust, so please bear with me, this was a 30 min job, in my buddies garage cause I was making this waterproof for him......

I have about 10 more to do tonight, so keep yer eyes pealed :gagged:

Mikey,

You are killing me dude. I want my DSSD back so badly now, it's almost worse than waiting for a new watch. "is it done yet?" , "is it here yet?" I don't know which is worse… :)

This stuff looks great. I can't wait to see my bag of pieces looking like a watch again. Good stuff bro. Really nice!

Cheers,

Peter

HWG

Saw that blacksteel in person today, looks fucking great, it has me wondering if i should do the same to mine. Thanks you bastard, just another fucking project for my list.... as if there werent enough already.

Caliper

that's true talent, true talent indeed.

amuthon

Yup, that looks unique Mike,

keep 'em coming.

MikeMcNair

thanks for the kind words guys, i really appreciate it. this was litterally a 45 min job, i am gonna redo it and make it REALLY bright :) maybe tonight while i am working on all the others :D

Rav747

Looks awesome, mike. Very tempted to get this on my backsteel. Either way, I need a lume job.

Edited by Rav747

MikeMcNair

my W@CHLUME green is coming soon if you want green on yer black steel. i like blue, and will never sell this watch, so i went with it :lol:

nunu78
my W@CHLUME green is coming soon if you want green on yer black steel. i like blue, and will never sell this watch, so i went with it ;)

Tell me ,Tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzz otherwise :lol:

nunu78
my W@CHLUME green is coming soon if you want green on yer black steel. i like blue, and will never sell this watch, so i went with it ;)

Tell me ,Tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzz otherwise :lol:

Oops sorry guys wrong thread.

nunu78

Guys,one request to ALL. Plz stop posting the pics of your Breitlings.As I believe you guys dont want me to live on a street :lol:

MikeMcNair

live on the street bro, you'll have the BEST watches of all the street walkers!!!!!

DO IT, get a black steel, they are SEX (i have been wearing mine more than my DSSD, and that says a LOT. )

Rav747

I love mine too :lol:

dsc00023k.jpg

MikeMcNair

love that shot Rav!!!

NTW, i have been running my chrono for the last 3 days or so NON STOP, and its still rock solid!!!

KeNnY

Nice work Mike ! :) Love that lume combo !

MikeMcNair

thanks ken, i'm diggin it :lol: